Senior Lead, Software Engineering - Development
Who We Are
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl? We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities.
Are you passionate about solving complex problems? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Then there’s a good chance you will love being a part of our Software Engineering – Development team at Kyndryl, where you will be able to see the immediate value of your work. As a Software Engineering - Developer at Kyndryl, you will be at the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing cutting-edge software solutions. Your work will play a critical role in our business offering, your code will deliver value to our customers faster than ever before, and your attention to detail and commitment to quality will be critical in ensuring the success of our products. Using design documentation and functional programming specifications, you will be responsible for implementing identified components. You will ensure that implemented components are appropriately documented, unit-tested, and ready for integration into the final product. You will have the opportunity to architect the solution, test the code, and deploy and build a CI/CD pipeline for it. As a valued member of our team, you will provide work estimates for assigned development work, and guide features, functional objectives, or technologies being built for interested parties. Your contributions will have a significant impact on our products' success, and you will be part of a team that is passionate about innovation, creativity, and excellence. Above all else, you will have the freedom to drive innovation and take ownership of your work while honing your problem-solving, collaboration, and automation skills. Together, we can make a difference in the world of cloud-based managed services. Your Future at Kyndryl The career path ahead is full of exciting opportunities to grow and advance within the job family. With dedication and hard work, you can climb the ladder to higher bands, achieving coveted positions such as Principal Engineer or Vice President of Software. These roles not only offer the chance to inspire and innovate, but also bring with them a sense of pride and accomplishment for having reached the pinnacle of your career in the software industry.
Who You Are
You’re good at what you do and possess the required experience to prove it. However, equally as important – you have a growth mindset; keen to drive your own personal and professional development. You are customer-focused – someone who prioritizes customer success in their work. And finally, you’re open and borderless – naturally inclusive in how you work with others.
Mainframe Application Developers at Kyndryl enjoy an empowering culture, a wide spectrum of opportunities, and a chance to move up in the career path that fits them best. Here you'll work with and support the biggest companies across all industries and learn new, cutting-edge tech in real-time, all the time and get paid to upskill. You can reinvent yourself and your career with multiple paths at one company, and still find great work/life balance. You'll also get the chance to network and promote yourself to leaders and specialists in your field.
Required Technical and Professional Experience
• Provide guidance direction and oversight for a small development team for a suite of SIS brokerage applications. Leading a mainframe application team in the enhancement and maintenance of PL/I financial applications.
• Perform initial analysis and estimation for incoming project, incident, and problem work.
• Assign work to fellow developers and manage source code changes
• Design, code (PL/I), and unit test client customizations, regulatory, and maintenance changes for SIS brokerage mainframe applications, as needed
• Define and use design documentation and supporting documents to implement identified components
• Provide fixes to defects identified during preproduction and post-production phases in the software development life cycle, as needed
• Provide application support in all environments from development to system integration to user acceptance to production
• This role will involve being on call, ready to investigate incidents reports. Interface with fellow application delivery team for solutioning and improvements
10 years of experience working as a Mainframe software developer on complex software projects
• Excellent online and batch program development experience (PL/I and Cobol) with debugging and problem-solving skills
• Experienced with DB2, IMS, VSAM, CICS, and MQ.
• Experienced with JCL, SQL and tools including ISPF, File Manager, DFSORT, Scheduling tools, SCLM, GITHUB.
• Software development methodologies, with demonstrated experience developing scalable and robust software
• Performing software application support including on-call support for overnight batch processing
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
•Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Financial Brokerage Systems knowledge.
•Experience with DevOps tools ( including IDz) and modern engineering practices
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
What You Can Expect
With state-of-the-art resources and Fortune 100 clients, every day is an opportunity to innovate, build new capabilities, new relationships, new processes, and new value. Our employee learning hub gives you access to the best learning in the industry to receive certifications and accreditations, including Microsoft University, AWS Cloud Center of Excellence, Udemy, and the Harvard Business Review. Through our company-wide volunteering and giving platform, you can donate, start fundraisers, volunteer, and search over 2 million non-profit organizations. At Kyndryl, we invest heavily in you! We want you to succeed so that together, we will all succeed.