Senior Devops Engineer
Who We Are
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl? We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities.
Your Role And Responsibilities
As DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a highly focused, self-managed Agile team who designs, develops & maintains a Continuous Build, Integration, Test and Monitoring pipeline to support the delivery of our client’s strategic ambitions. As our teams operate in a highly dynamic, squad-based environment, you will have the opportunity to work close-knit squad that cultivates creativity and challenges the status quo and pushes limits on finding new and inventive ways to work.
This position offers great career growth opportunities using emerging technologies including Cloud, Analytics and Machine Learning as part of a highly available DevOps implementation to help drive quality, speed and efficiency. You are also part of a team who constantly seeks to add value for our stakeholders, enhances the scalability of our infrastructure and manages the disaster recovery and capacity of our delivery pipeline.
The ideal candidate should have a strong passion for solving problems, developing highly efficient automation and digital deployment pipelines, experimenting with new technologies and development of their own hobby applications. They should also have a keen interest in researching the latest data security trends and regulations, and a broad understanding of cybersecurity attacks. In addition, the ideal candidate must also have a relentless desire for continuous improvement through the learning of new things, be a champion of new ideas, continually explore new perspectives, and embrace going beyond their comfort zone even at the risk of failure or embarrassment.
At Kyndryl, we're committed to providing the best possible service to our customers, and as a DevOps Engineer, you'll be an integral part of that mission. So if you're passionate about technology and want to be part of a dynamic team that's shaping the future of IT infrastructure management – then this role is for you.
Your Future at Kyndryl
Kyndryl's focus on providing innovative IT solutions to its customers means that in DevOps Engineer you will be working with the latest technology and will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skills. You may also have the opportunity to work on large-scale projects and collaborate with other IT professionals from around the world.
Who You Are
You’re good at what you do and possess the required experience to prove it. However, equally as important – you have a growth mindset; keen to drive your own personal and professional development. You are customer-focused – someone who prioritizes customer success in their work. And finally, you’re open and borderless – naturally inclusive in how you work with others.
Required Technical And Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Experience with continuous delivery and continuous integration practices
- 3 years proven experience in Azure platform environment
- 3 years proven experience in Agile environment
- 3 years proven IaC (Infra as Code) knowledge
- Cloud Certifications
- Positive mindset to learn and improve continuously
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible and/or Terraform
- Demonstrable knowledge on Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Hands-on knowledge with Linux RedHat and/or Docker containerization
- Good knowledge of Golang, NodeJS, Python, Groovy, Bash, Shell applications
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Travis and Jenkins
- Experience with Linux development toolchain (i.e. rpm, yum)
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Strong communication skills and able to convey ideas and opinions to others.
Preferred Technical And Professional Experience
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Graphana and ELK stack
- Experience in enterprise-related development and deployment (scalability, performance)
- Experience building applications on cloud infrastructure, e.g., private clouds, public clouds
- Experience working in an agile team, e.g., Kanban
- Knowledge about Azure Networking
- Proactive, assertive
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
What You Can Expect
With state-of-the-art resources and Fortune 100 clients, every day is an opportunity to innovate, build new capabilities, new relationships, new processes, and new value. Our employee learning hub gives you access to the best learning in the industry to receive certifications and accreditations, including Microsoft University, AWS Cloud Center of Excellence, Udemy, and the Harvard Business Review. Through our company-wide volunteering and giving platform, you can donate, start fundraisers, volunteer, and search over 2 million non-profit organizations. At Kyndryl, we invest heavily in you! We want you to succeed so that together, we will all succeed.