Lead, Software Engineering - Development
Who We Are
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl? We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities.
Are you passionate about solving complex problems? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Then there’s a good chance you will love being a part of our Software Engineering – Development team at Kyndryl, where you will be able to see the immediate value of your work.
As a Lead Software Engineering - Developer at Kyndryl, you will be at the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing cutting-edge software solutions. Your work will play a critical role in our business offering, your code will deliver value to our customers faster than ever before, and your attention to detail and commitment to quality will be critical in ensuring the success of our products.
Using design documentation and functional programming specifications, you will be responsible for implementing identified components. You will ensure that implemented components are appropriately documented, unit-tested, and ready for integration into the final product. You will have the opportunity to architect the solution, test the code, and deploy and build a CI/CD pipeline for it.
As a valued member of our team, you will provide work estimates for assigned development work, and guide features, functional objectives, or technologies being built for interested parties. Your contributions will have a significant impact on our products' success, and you will be part of a team that is passionate about innovation, creativity, and excellence. Above all else, you will have the freedom to drive innovation and take ownership of your work while honing your problem-solving, collaboration, and automation skills. Together, we can make a difference in the world of cloud-based managed services.
As a Lead Software Engineering - Developer you are responsible for design and development of software
- Use established and new design patterns to design and develop scalable technical designs to address requirements provided by the product team
- Provide architectural inputs to the development team on ongoing basis.
- Designs and code from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements software application when and if needed.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership of software development.
- Responsible for working with product owners, engineering managers, other architects, software engineers and other stakeholders to clarify and document requirements/specs
- Evaluate modern technologies to optimize software performance, scalability and efficiency
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Support SRE teams in software deployment process
Your Future at Kyndryl
The career path ahead is full of exciting opportunities to grow and advance within the job family. With dedication and hard work, you can climb the ladder to higher bands, achieving coveted positions such as Principal Engineer or Vice President of Software. These roles not only offer the chance to inspire and innovate, but also bring with them a sense of pride and accomplishment for having reached the pinnacle of your career in the software industry.
Who You Are
You’re good at what you do and possess the required experience to prove it. However, equally as important – you have a growth mindset; keen to drive your own personal and professional development. You are customer-focused – someone who prioritizes customer success in their work. And finally, you’re open and borderless – naturally inclusive in how you work with others.
Required Technical and Professional Experience
- 1+ years of experience as a Lead Developer with strong design experience using multiple design patterns.
- Deep data experience with relational data and document storage, data mapping, XML/JSON
- Experience with one or more of Cassandra, MongoDB, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 databases
- Experience in working with containers and container management systems including Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift.
- Experience in implementing systems with single-sign-on and related technologies including Okta, ADFS and OIDC
- Distributed architecture design and implementation experience in IBM Cloud/Azure/AWS
- Experience with implementing Micro Services architecture and Service Mesh
- Experience in designing and building API-based integration and related technologies(API Gateways and API Management solutions), REST based web services
- Advanced knowledge of core web technologies and concepts (HTTP, DNS, REST/JSON. OAuth)
- Experience working within a collaborative, team based Agile project environment
- Deep understanding of OOP and Design patterns
- Experience in working with GIT for source control.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
•Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
•Certification in one or more of the hyperscalers (Azure, AWS, and Google GCP) - otherwise, you can obtain certifications with Kyndryl
•Experience with DevOps tools and modern engineering practices
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
What You Can Expect
With state-of-the-art resources and Fortune 100 clients, every day is an opportunity to innovate, build new capabilities, new relationships, new processes, and new value. Our employee learning hub gives you access to the best learning in the industry to receive certifications and accreditations, including Microsoft University, AWS Cloud Center of Excellence, Udemy, and the Harvard Business Review. Through our company-wide volunteering and giving platform, you can donate, start fundraisers, volunteer, and search over 2 million non-profit organizations. At Kyndryl, we invest heavily in you! We want you to succeed so that together, we will all succeed.