Lead II, Software Engineering - QA
Who We Are
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl? We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities.
Kyndryl is on the lookout for a Quality Assurance Software Engineer who is passionate about delivering top-notch cloud-based managed services to our clients. As a QA Software Engineer at Kyndryl, you will be at the forefront of ensuring that our software products meet the highest standards of quality, reliability, and performance.
Your role will involve using your expertise to define test strategies, test specifications, test cases, and test plans based on design documentation, functional specifications, and high-level design documents. You will work closely with other engineering squads/tribes to develop new features and products, and ensure that the implemented components are feature, integration, and system tested before being released to our customers.
You will also be responsible for automating test cases to build test suits for regression, scalability, and performance testing. You will analyze, track, and verify defects during the software development lifecycle, and contribute to designing, developing, implementing, executing, and troubleshooting automated test tools, test frameworks, and test scripts for application and API testing.
As a QA Software Engineer at Kyndryl, you will be the go-to person for developing, executing, and maintaining automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases for the identified areas/modules/technology. You will also be responsible for accurately documenting and communicating issues to developers to facilitate elimination of problems and to create efficient fixes.
At Kyndryl, we believe in promoting testing best practices and principles across the organization, and as a QA Software Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in determining these practices and principles. You will also be responsible for leading quality engineering discussions and mentoring other QA Engineers in debugging, planning, and domain expertise.
If you are a fast learner who thrives on challenges, likes to learn new solutions, and can step into the shoes of the end user to see the product from a consumer’s point of view – then we want you on our team. Apply today and become part of a dynamic and independent squad of Engineers who are dedicated to delivering quality cloud-based managed services to our clients.
Your Future at Kyndryl
Every position at Kyndryl offers a way forward to grow your career. We have opportunities that you won’t find anywhere else, including hands-on experience, learning opportunities, and the chance to certify in all four major platforms. One of the benefits of Kyndryl is that we work with clients in a variety of industries, from banking to retail. Whether you want to broaden your knowledge base or narrow your scope and specialize in a specific sector, you can find your opportunity here.
Who You Are
You’re good at what you do and possess the required experience to prove it. However, equally as important – you have a growth mindset; keen to drive your own personal and professional development. You are customer-focused – someone who prioritizes customer success in their work. And finally, you’re open and borderless – naturally inclusive in how you work with others.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of experience testing complex software products for large enterprise customers in a fast-paced agile environment
- Experience with testing and successfully delivering complex features/products for web-based enterprise applications and automating UI, CLI, and API testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Testing Knowledge (Functional Testing, Regression, Sanity, BVT, System and Integration, Performance, Security, API Testing, ETL Testing, Database Testing, White box and black box testing.).
- Collaborate with the Development/Business teams to understand the requirements.
- Analyzing Business Requirements/cases and developing/managing the positive/negative test scenarios cases.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Ability to create test files to validate Business requirements and metadata layer configurations.
- Strong knowledge in writing complex SQL queries for data analysis.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on defects.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to address data issues.
- Experience using Jira or ADO to track work assignments.
- Working experience in Cloud-related projects.
- Working experience in AWS/AWS Services is a big plus.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and learn in-house tools and practices.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Automation test planning and product test strategy
- Perform API, UI automation and Performance Testing
- Create automation test scripts to verify and validate the quality of the product.
- Write test cases covering all the functional & non- functional functionalities of the applications.
- Test automation using automation tools like Selenium/Protractor using Java
- Works with the Product Owner to confirm that the acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
- Provides test coverage reports/automates test cases percentage.
- Manage the test environments and be ready with the test data.
- Raise any impediments/risks they come across and approaches Scrum Master/Technical Architect/PO
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Use of scripting languages like Python, Perl, PowerShell, and Java script to create scripts rapidly that can integrate into the testing stage within a pipeline
- Use of Test-Driven Development (TDD), SDLC, and Agile software development practices
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
What You Can Expect
With state-of-the-art resources and Fortune 100 clients, every day is an opportunity to innovate, build new capabilities, new relationships, new processes, and new value. Our employee learning hub gives you access to the best learning in the industry to receive certifications and accreditations, including Microsoft University, AWS Cloud Center of Excellence, Udemy, and the Harvard Business Review. Through our company-wide volunteering and giving platform, you can donate, start fundraisers, volunteer, and search over 2 million non-profit organizations. At Kyndryl, we invest heavily in you! We want you to succeed so that together, we will all succeed.