Software Engineering - Architect
Who We Are
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl? We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities.
Are you an experienced Software Architect looking for an exciting opportunity to shape the future of software development? Look no further than Kyndryl, where you'll have the chance to make a meaningful impact as you lead the design and development of cutting-edge software applications.
As a Software Engineering Architect at Kyndryl, you will be responsible for leading the charge in creating technical blueprints, defining product/solution architecture, and developing the technical specifications for our projects. You'll be a key player in integrating the features of our software applications into a cohesive and functioning system.
Your analytical and creative mindset will be put to the test as you anticipate trends, stay up-to-date on leading technology, and participate in Kyndryl's architectural boards. Your expertise will guide functional objectives and technologies, and you'll be a driving force in evaluating, identifying, and developing software solutions.
As a Software Engineering Architect you will be responsible for architecture and design of software
· Demonstrate and push technology and architecture to best suit the needs of the company
· Use established and new design patterns to design and develop scalable technical designs to address requirements provided by the product team
· Provide architectural inputs to the development team on ongoing basis.
· Designs and code from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements software application when and if needed.
· Responsible for providing technical leadership of software architecture.
· Responsible for working with product owners, engineering managers, other architects, software engineers and other stakeholders to clarify and document requirements/specs
· Evaluate modern technologies to optimize software performance, scalability and efficiency
· Actively participate in architectural reviews of software design and optimize existing design
· Support SRE teams with overall deployment architecture
Your Future at Kyndryl
Every position at Kyndryl offers a way forward to grow your career. We have opportunities that you won’t find anywhere else, including hands-on experience, learning opportunities, and the chance to certify in all major platforms. One of the benefits of Kyndryl is that we work with customers in a variety of industries, from banking to retail. Whether you want to broaden your knowledge base or narrow your scope and specialize in a specific sector, you can find your opportunity here.
Who You Are
You’re good at what you do and possess the required experience to prove it. However, equally as important – you have a growth mindset; keen to drive your own personal and professional development. You are customer-focused – someone who prioritizes customer success in their work. And finally, you’re open and borderless – naturally inclusive in how you work with others.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
•8 years of experience of relevant work experience in software architecture; out of them 3+ years in cloud native software development or architecture
•Strong computer science fundamentals, with a focus on data structures, algorithms, and API design
· Strong Object Oriented Programming background
· Proficient in Java, C# or C++
· Experience in working with ELK Stack and Kafka.
· Deep data experience with relational and document storage
· Experience with one or more of DB2, CouchDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server databases
· Experience in working with containers and container management systems including Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift.
· Experience in implementing systems with single-sign-on and related technologies including OIDC, Okta, IBM ID, ADFS
· Distributed architecture design and implementation experience in Azure/AWS/GCP/IBM Cloud
· Experience with implementing Micro Services architecture and Service Mesh
· Experience in designing and building API-based integration and related technologies(API Gateways and API Management solutions)
· Advanced knowledge of core web technologies and concepts(HTTP, DNS, REST/JSON. OAuth)
· Experience working within a collaborative, team based Agile project environment
· Able to effectively and clearly communicate with others
· Strong problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
· Experience in working with GIT for source control.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
•Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
•Experience with one or more automation tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform
•Experience with containerization packaging, tooling, and DevOps methodologies
•Experience in management and orchestration for distributed federated edge K8S clusters like Helm
•Understanding of computer networking and protocols
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
What You Can Expect
With state-of-the-art resources and Fortune 100 clients, every day is an opportunity to innovate, build new capabilities, new relationships, new processes, and new value. Our employee learning hub gives you access to the best learning in the industry to receive certifications and accreditations, including Microsoft University, AWS Cloud Center of Excellence, Udemy, and the Harvard Business Review. Through our company-wide volunteering and giving platform, you can donate, start fundraisers, volunteer, and search over 2 million non-profit organizations. At Kyndryl, we invest heavily in you! We want you to succeed so that together, we will all succeed.