Network Engineer - Support & Security
Who We Are
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl? We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities.
Infrastructure Specialists at Kyndryl are project-based subject matter experts in all things infrastructure – good at providing analysis, documenting and diagraming work for hand-off, offering timely solutions, and generally “figuring it out.” This is a hands-on role where your feel for the interaction between a system and its environment will be invaluable to every one of your clients.
There are two halves to this role: First, contributing to current projects where you analyze problems and tech issues, offer solutions, and test, modify, automate, and integrate systems. And second, long-range strategic planning of IT infrastructure and operational execution. This role isn’t specific to any one platform, so you’ll need a good feel for all of them. And because of this, you’ll experience variety and growth at Kyndryl that you won’t find anywhere else.
You’ll be involved early to offer solutions, help decide whether something can be done, and identify the technical and timeline risks up front. This means dealing with both client expectations and internal challenges – in other words, there are plenty of opportunities to make a difference, and a lot of people will witness your contributions. In fact, a frequent sign of success for our Infrastructure Specialists is when clients come back to us and ask for the same person by name. That’s the kind of impact you can have!
This is a project-based role where you’ll enjoy deep involvement throughout the lifespan of a project, as well as the chance to work closely with Architects, Technicians, and PMs. Whatever your current level of tech savvy or where you want your career to lead, you’ll find the right opportunities and a buddy to support your growth. Boredom? Trust us, that won’t be an issue.
Your future at Kyndryl
There are lots of opportunities to gain certification and qualifications on the job, and you’ll continuously grow as a Cloud Hyperscaler. Many of our Infrastructure Specialists are on a path toward becoming either an Architect or Distinguished Engineer, and there are opportunities at every skill level to grow in either of these directions.
Who You Are
You’re good at what you do and possess the required experience to prove it. However, equally as important – you have a growth mindset; keen to drive your own personal and professional development. You are customer-focused – someone who prioritizes customer success in their work. And finally, you’re open and borderless – naturally inclusive in how you work with others.
Required Technical and Professional Experience
- Monitoring of Network links and devices like Router, Switches
- Good Understanding of Routing and Switching technology
- Troubleshoot skill for Medium Complexity incidents.
- Configuring routers and switches.
- Identifies problems and errors prior to or when they occur and provide the resolution.
- Enterprise network maintenance
- Individual should be minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in a 24/7 banking & finance Data Centre environment.
- Production experience deploying, configuring, troubleshooting and operational maintenance of large-scale Router, Switch deployments.
- Hands on experience – Hardware Module, Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting for the following listed Routers and Switches
- Routers: ASR 1000,1002,1006, Cisco ISR 4451 2900, 1900 and Juniper MX series
- Switches: Nexus 93180 and 93108 ,9508,7010, 9300, 3850, 2960XR, Juniper QFX and EX series.
- Experience in configuration & troubleshooting of CE1 links and backup technologies for remote locations i.e. VSAT, RF & 3G and 4G connectivity.
- Sound knowledge of MPLS deployment, configuration and troubleshooting for Large Enterprise Network.
- Sound knowledge of IPSec VPN (IKEv1 and v2), GetVPN and GRE tunnel configuration and troubleshooting for Large Enterprise Network.
- Sound knowledge of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP routing protocol implementation configuration and troubleshooting for Large Enterprise Network.
- Sound knowledge of VPC, EtherChannel, STP, redundancy protocols, Trunking protocols, configuration and troubleshooting of various switching loops.
- Working knowledge in SD WAN.
- Working knowledge on how BSNL/MTNL/Airtel/JIO/Sify/TCL infrastructure works for their customers’ WAN links.
- Experience with high availability protocols such as HSRP, VRRP, etc.
- Experience in working with Cisco Firepower, Checkpoint Firewall, FortiGate firewall and NAT policies (1000+ rules)
- Knowledge about implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting of Aruba Clear-pass Tacacs/Radius technologies.
- Knowledge of Cisco EXE/IOS/NXOS secure configuration and knowledge of security vulnerabilities, threats, and attacks mitigation.
- Knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting of different kind of Access-lists.
Educational Qualification: Individual should be Graduate (Degree) in IT or Science background.
Technical Certification: CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA /JNCIP /Other Industry leading OEM Professional level Certification related to Routing and Switching.
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
What You Can Expect
With state-of-the-art resources and Fortune 100 clients, every day is an opportunity to innovate, build new capabilities, new relationships, new processes, and new value. Our employee learning hub gives you access to the best learning in the industry to receive certifications and accreditations, including Microsoft University, AWS Cloud Center of Excellence, Udemy, and the Harvard Business Review. Through our company-wide volunteering and giving platform, you can donate, start fundraisers, volunteer, and search over 2 million non-profit organizations. At Kyndryl, we invest heavily in you! We want you to succeed so that together, we will all succeed.