Infra Cloud Architect
Who We Are
At Kyndryl, we design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl? We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers and our communities.
What will you do as an Infrastructure/ Cloud Architect:
An Infrastructure/ Cloud Architect is responsible for the overall success of the technical solution from construction, implementation and system integration in a technology, industry, or business specialty. Deliver new and complex high-quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements. The Kyndryl Architect is a leader in the definition of a solution. During construction, a Kyndryl Architect is the advocate for the client and guides the technical team.
What’s in it for you?
It’s an exciting time to join Kyndryl Consult, the growth engine for Kyndryl. We accelerate transformation for our customers by deploying our consultants and technical specialists on high impact assignments which align technology to business outcomes – always underpinned by our decades of deep engineering expertise, and intimacy with our customers’ technology and business.
This is a cloud architect leadership role that provides a fantastic opportunity to work on a diverse mix of large and complex client projects. With our global partner alliances, you will have opportunities to work on projects that involve a whole range of technologies from Azure to AWS and GCP, as well as Private Clouds including AWS Outposts and Azure Stack.
You will have the opportunity to work with Kyndryl customers across multiple industries, our Kyndryl teams, our cloud partners, and our 3rd party service providers. You will join the Kyndryl Architect Profession, working closely with other Kyndryl Architects, Platform Engineers, Project Managers and technical subject matter experts. You will create high and low level designs in conjunction with agile delivery. You will participate in governance at all levels from Design Authorities to agile squad technical oversight, creating the solutions that drive our customers forward.
Who You Are
Who you are
You an Architect, competently working in cross functional teams with customers, using agile delivery, conducting workshops, understanding customers business and their technical requirements. You have a desire to direct, challenge and succeed by taking responsibility and becoming a customer’s trusted advisor. You use your balanced mix of skills (covering technologies, industry knowledge, stakeholder management, and leadership) with and an innovative approach to design complex solutions.
You may have architecture certifications such as TOGAF, or you will have a breadth of proven migration and modernisation architecture experience and want to add certifications to your skill set.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Cloud Consultancy – Experience of assessing, planning & costing cloud adoption & IT transformation.
- Platform Engineering – Experience of designing and leading platform engineering squads to auto provision business and development platforms using DevSecOps (e.g. DevSecOps tooling, kubernetes, serverless, messaging, databases, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.)
- Nex-gen Hybrid Cloud – Experience of provisioning hyperscaler technology in private and edge cloud locations e.g. Azure Stack HCI or Hub, AWS Outposts, Anthos.
- Cloud Migration – Experience of migrating platforms, products and applications to the cloud using an agile approach.
- Modern Operations – Experience of provisioning and using cloud native operations tooling to control and observe the platforms, products and applications running in public, private and edge cloud. Knowledge of different operations models. Experience of optimising a cloud service using FinOps and SRE.
- Cloud Service Adoption – Experience of adopting, enhancing and optimising a customer’s cloud solution.
- New Ways of Working – Experience of two or more of the following: DevSecOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Agile Delivery, Product-Based delivery to automate, optimise and provision cloud solutions and platforms.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Large customer change and transformation projects, with particular emphasis on delivering complex cloud native projects.
- Cloud solutions design and implementation.
- Strong IaaS, PaaS knowledge and experience, demonstrating both breadth and depth in a range of technologies and disciplines, including compute, storage, network, virtualisation, and automation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key technologies used in Agile Delivery – Ci/CD Pipelines, GitHub, Infrastructure as Code.
- In depth knowledge and experience of at least one Cloud Hyperscaler (Microsoft Azure / AWS / Google).
- Strong communication and customer facing skills. This is a leadership role and candidates must be experienced in dealing with senior customer counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and Problem Solving skills.
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
What You Can Expect
With state-of-the-art resources and Fortune 100 clients, every day is an opportunity to innovate, build new capabilities, new relationships, new processes, and new value. Kyndryl cares about your well-being and prides itself on offering benefits that give you choice, reflect the diversity of our employees and support you and your family through the moments that matter – wherever you are in your life journey. Our employee learning programs give you access to the best learning in the industry to receive certifications, including Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Skillsoft, and many more. Through our company-wide volunteering and giving platform, you can donate, start fundraisers, volunteer, and search over 2 million non-profit organizations. At Kyndryl, we invest heavily in you, we want you to succeed so that together, we will all succeed.
If you know someone that works at Kyndryl, when asked ‘How Did You Hear About Us’ during the application process, select ‘Employee Referral’ and enter your contact's Kyndryl email address.