Senior Full Stack Software Developer
Who We Are
At Kyndryl, we design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl? We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers and our communities.
Are you passionate about solving complex problems? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Then there’s a good chance you will love being a part of our Software Engineering – Development team at Kyndryl, where you will be able to see the immediate value of your work.
As a full-stack software developer, you'll use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software and web applications. You'll have an opportunity to experience industry trending technologies, frameworks & languages. You will be expected to learn new technical skills and absorb professional knowledge quickly. You'll be participating in the complete lifecycle of software development including prototyping, implementation, testing, maintenance, and technical support. You will also have opportunity to receive mentorship from technical leaders. You will follow Agile Scrum methodologies in a highly collaborative environment.
As an Experienced Full Stack Developer on the engineering team, your responsibilities will include:
- Creation of components that excel at performance, reliability, and web scalability
- Complete coding, testing, defect fixes, and production support, using agile scrum, CI/CD methodologies
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- Conduct appropriate unit (ensuring code coverage) and functional/component testing, defect reporting/tracking, investigate and fix defects in the application (production support)
- Effectively leveraging build, deployment, and monitoring/logging tools such as Travis CI/Jenkins, New Relic, Logentries, etc.
- Follow secure coding practices and remain compliance within industry guidelines
- Identifying issues that affect scope, schedule, and quality
- Presenting individual status during weekly playbacks or on management calls
- Focusing on Individual Objectives and Developing Professional Effectiveness.
Your Future at Kyndryl
The career path ahead is full of exciting opportunities to grow and advance within the job family. With dedication and hard work, you can climb the ladder to higher bands, achieving coveted positions such as Principal Engineer or Vice President of Software. These roles not only offer the chance to inspire and innovate, but also bring with them a sense of pride and accomplishment for having reached the pinnacle of your career in the software industry.
Who You Are
You’re good at what you do and possess the required experience to prove it. However, equally as important – you have a growth mindset; keen to drive your own personal and professional development. You are customer-focused – someone who prioritizes customer success in their work. And finally, you’re open and borderless – naturally inclusive in how you work with others.
To be successful in this role you'll have the following technical and professional expertise:
- 6+ years of relevant experience with solid knowledge of modelling, refactoring with good hands-on exposure to the trending languages & frameworks
- 4+ years’ experience in building products with Full stack technologies like Python or GO,
- 3+ years’ experience leveraging messaging software (E.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, OOPs and OOAD
- Experience in most utilized application/web servers
- Experience with Agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker development paradigms
Demonstrated problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills to handle situations effectively
- Self-motivated decision maker, frequently taking initiative to improve code the base and share best practices
The following technical and professional expertise is preferred and will greatly enhance your success on the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or related) or equivalent experience
- Certification as AWS, Azure, Google Solutions Architect or Certified Developer is a plus
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
What You Can Expect
With state-of-the-art resources and Fortune 100 clients, every day is an opportunity to innovate, build new capabilities, new relationships, new processes, and new value. Kyndryl cares about your well-being and prides itself on offering benefits that give you choice, reflect the diversity of our employees and support you and your family through the moments that matter – wherever you are in your life journey. Our employee learning programs give you access to the best learning in the industry to receive certifications, including Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Skillsoft, and many more. Through our company-wide volunteering and giving platform, you can donate, start fundraisers, volunteer, and search over 2 million non-profit organizations. At Kyndryl, we invest heavily in you, we want you to succeed so that together, we will all succeed.
If you know someone that works at Kyndryl, when asked ‘How Did You Hear About Us’ during the application process, select ‘Employee Referral’ and enter your contact's Kyndryl email address.