(Senior) Backend Engineer (all genders)
- You will not only deliver business features, but also tackle purely technical tasks and clean up the existing code;
- You will be staying aware of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to usability and emerging technologies;
- You will collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to deliver new new functionalities.
You bring to Lingoda:
- 3+ years of solid experience creating web applications using PHP, Symfony 5/6, and Doctrine;
- Good knowledge and practical experience with OOP and design patterns, as well as with modern architecture approaches;
- Experience with TDD and BDD;
- 4+ years of software development experience;
- You are passionate about code quality: writing tests and documentation belongs to your natural workflow;
- The ability to work together with product managers, designers, and frontend engineers to achieve a common goal;
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate within the engineering team;
- Understanding DDD and hexagonal architecture in practice;
- Fluent English skills (C level).
You add to our culture with:
- You are quality-oriented and responsible;
- Others admire you for your organised, flexible and transparent way of working;
- You are a communicative and open person;
- You are able to cooperate with team members and share knowledge and experience with them.
What you can expect from Lingoda:
- Approachable leaders and transparent communication - every voice counts at Lingoda!
- Company events and colleagues who are always happy to socialise;
- A great team spirit and passion for languages;
- A well-structured and exciting onboarding process;
- The possibility to work remotely from your home or...
- … in the office located in the heart of Berlin;
- Free access to our language classes;
- The modern hardware necessary for your work;
- Flexible working hours.