DevOps Engineer (all genders)
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
Speak our language!
We are Lingoda. Our mission is to build bridges around the world through language learning.
Lingoda is a fast-growing online language school enabling even the busiest people worldwide to learn a language. We offer flexible, high-quality live classes, available online 24/7.
In December 2022, we won “Best Digital Learning Product of the Year” at the Digital Education Awards 2022.
We challenge ourselves for a better society, working smart to make it happen. How? Here are 2 examples:
Our brand MATCH Talent is the Global Career Centre for international talent in Germany, supporting migrants through government-funded education programs.
In the German health sector, we support international nurses, doctors and midwives in obtaining their language and professional recognition through state-sponsored education programmes. As a result we have become one of the largest recognised educational providers in this field in Germany.
We bring together the best of people in a positive company culture, enabling personal growth and inclusion. Our employees have unlimited access to our private and group language classes!
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer (all genders) based in Berlin or working remotely to join our expanding team.
Your mission with us:
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join Lingoda and contribute to the seamless integration of our systems and the continuous improvement of our infrastructure. In this role, you will play a key part in shaping the future of Lingoda as we expand our small team and enhance our products. Working in a small but impactful team, your responsibilities include not only infrastructure tasks but also close collaboration with developers for practical solutions.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions
- Manage and optimise Kubernetes clusters for application deployment, scaling, and management
- Ensure infrastructure reliability through Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices, leveraging AWS services
- Develop and maintain robust message queues with RabbitMQ
- Uphold security standards and implement best practices across all platforms
- Perform regular code reviews to maintain code quality and encourage collaborative development
- Collaborate with engineering teams to assess feature feasibility, risks, and product-specific impacts
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership of features from conception through to production support
- Actively acquire product knowledge to understand and improve upon cross-functional impacts
- Contribute to the overarching architecture, maintenance, and health of the platform
You bring to Lingoda:
- Relevant experience in a DevOps engineering role
- Expertise in Kubernetes, PHP, GitHub Actions, AWS, and RabbitMQ
- Demonstrable experience with CI/CD, IaC, and cloud security best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with many other functions and departments
- Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Fluent English skills.
What you can expect from Lingoda:
- Approachable leaders and transparent communication - every voice counts at Lingoda!
- Company events and colleagues who are always happy to socialise
- A great team spirit and passion for languages
- A well-structured and exciting onboarding process
- The possibility to work remotely from your home or...
- … in the office located in the heart of BerlinFree access to our language classesThe modern hardware necessary for your workFlexible working hours
Does that sound exciting? Then, send us your CV right away!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Your contact person for the position is Megan
We ask that you please apply directly via the link provided in the job description or directly on our website. Due to GDPR regulations, applications sent otherwise will not be considered.
Please note that if you are based outside of Germany that only a freelance contract can be offered. All our contracts whether freelance or regular German employment contract start on a 2 year time period.
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.