Senior Business Development Director, Artificial Intelligence & Business Applications
As a Senior Business Development Director, Artificial Intelligence & Business Applications, this role will be focused on developing the partnership strategy for artificial intelligence capabilities for business applications, recruiting partners, and developing deal structures that benefit global organizations.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Ideally this role will be based in San Francisco CA or Redmond WA. Remote work may be considered for the right candidate.
- Have a deep understanding of competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends, and emerging start-ups in artificial intelligence, enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) and business applications.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (engineering, marketing, finance, legal) in development of business and product strategies, translate business and product strategy into an inorganic growth strategy, and identify partnerships and acquisitions that can grow our business.
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize specific opportunities in support of the broader strategy including developing the business case (strategic rationales and economics), creatively structuring deal terms,developing a negotiation strategy, and leading negotiations. Build and maintain internal consensus with all stakeholders at all stages of the deal process. Drive deals to closure while maintaining a willingness to walk away from deals which did not meet business objectives or introduced an unacceptable risk.
- Ensure successful execution of partnerships to ensure they deliver on expectations by leading deal governances processes. Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to help manage execution.
- Maintain a network of relationships across the artificial intelligence and business development industries with partners, potential partners, competitors, investors, thought leaders, etc. Leverage relationships in opportunity identification and transaction execution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Sciences, or related field AND 12+ years relevant work experience (e.g., business development, product management, corporate strategy, investment banking, consulting, finance, venture capital)
- OR equivalent experience.
- Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modeling skills.
- Experience working with artificial intelligence technologies and familiarity with the competitive landscape in enterprise technology.
- Experience working with partners and ecosystem relationships in a highly complex, matrix environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Sciences, or related field AND 14+ years relevant work experience (e.g., business development, product management, corporate strategy, investment banking, consulting, finance, venture capital)
- OR equivalent experience
- Master's/Advanced Degree in Business, Sciences, or related field and 12+ years relevant work experience (e.g., business development, product management, corporate strategy, investment banking, consulting, finance, venture capital)
- 10+ years experience in the technology industry and/or in a technical role (e.g., cloud platforms, digital transformation, capabilities, solutions).
- Experience working in the business applications field.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.