Software Engineer II
Windows Admin Center has grown to become the single graphical management plane, and primary User Experience for anyone servicing or managing Windows Servers and clusters. Since its release in 2008 it has grown to having hundreds of thousands of users managing millions of servers and clusters around the world. Being an agile, web-based application gives the team the flexibility to deliver on a faster than Windows basis and drive customer experience at a pace that surprises many teams, allowing us to reach out to our customers and react to them and their needs faster than ever before. We partner with numerous teams inside Microsoft from Azure and other groups on projects that vary from deploying new experiences for existing capabilities to completely reimagining how cluster deployment and maintenance is executed. Windows Admin Center is the glue that brings experience and capabilities together to drive a better product and customer experience all around. Currently the team spans the globe with engineers in Redmond and other parts of the United States, as well as engineers in Nairobi Kenya. We look forward to expanding into IDC.
We are looking for a strong Software Engineer II to join our customer-obsessed group of engineers dedicated to improving the quality and composition of Windows Server and Windows Admin Center. We work with customers and across teams within Microsoft, our partners and in open-source to ensure that Windows Server has complete end-to-end experiences for our Server customers, especially on cutting-edge hardware architectures. As our Azure fleet takes on more advanced hardware architectures, making sure customer workloads run reliably and efficiently on Windows Server is more important than ever.
- Port Windows Server features onto new hardware architectures and author test automation to keep them healthy.
- Collaborate across boundaries to diagnose failures and drive up the quality of Windows Server
- Deliver customer-focused innovation for Server through great coding and a persistent drive.
- Expand the functionality of Windows Admin Center by developing new extensions and tools using Angular, PowerShell, TypeScript, and C#
- Grow our suite of automated testing ensuring ongoing platform stability and support.
- Improving the fundamentals of the platform
- Co-ordinating work and requirements with the PM and UX teams to ensure the highest quality of release.
- Building prototypes and driving architecture, design, implementation across your assigned features and across the platform
- OR equivalent experience
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Proficient with C#, C++, and/or .NET or Java
- Functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Ability to drive technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.