Redmond, WA, USA
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
- :: MULTIPLE POSITIONS IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS AVAILABLE ::..
Within Azure Data, the databases team builds and maintains Microsoft's operational Database systems. We store and manage data in a structured way to enable multitude of applications across various industries. We are on a journey to enable developer friendly, mission-critical, AI enabled operational Databases across relational, non-relational and OSS offerings.
We are a small but diverse team of people with various views, backgrounds and beliefs. We invest in each other’s success and elevate each other. We foster a friendly and inclusive environment where every individual is valued. We work at all layers of the technology stack and have both technically deep and broad challenges; from deep systems code to complex distributed systems. If that sounds exciting to you, then Data Platform Backplane could be a great place to call home.
We are hiring multple Software Engineers at multple levels to help define and implement the next set of technologies to enable Microsoft to handle a new set of enterprise and cloud problems.
We do not just value differences or different perspectives. We seek them out and invite them in so we can tap into the collective power of everyone in the company. As a result, our customers are better served.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Own the lifecycle of software products and services. Leads discussions for the architecture of products/solutions and creates proposals for architecture by testing design hypotheses and helping to refine code plans.
- Drives identification of dependencies and the development of design documents for a product, application, service or platform. Identifies other teams and technologies that will be leveraged, how they will interact, and when one's own system may provide support to others.
- Builds, enhances, reuses, contributes to, and identifies new software developer tools to support other programs and applications to create, debug, and maintain code for products.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience debugging of application and infrastructure code
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience debugging of application and infrastructure code
- Design and development experience in database engines, distributed systems, cloud computing, container technology, and operating system internals
Software Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 - $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 - $238,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.