Global Category Manager - IT Software
3 – The number of values that we live by: Trust, Respect and Collaboration. Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend peoples’ lives.
The Global Category Manager leads all strategic aspects within the category of Software, across divisions, on a global level and develops proposals for strategic business decisions.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execute on clear category objectives, working with analytical data, business stakeholders and market expertise. Aligning strategies to measurable target and clearly conveying them to the organization.
• Executing the Novartis Strategy, with profound commercial & technical skills as well as solid procurement knowledge.
• Creating Procurement vision based on insights into procurement leading practices and experience in strategy development. Linking Procurement strategy to Novartis’ overall strategy and conveying it clearly to the organization.
• Compliance & risk management: supporting reports to determine appropriate compliance level. Monitoring end-to-end compliance (budget, payment, vendor PO, contract invoice, buying channel, etc.) and deriving corrective actions to improve compliance.
• Projecting the dynamics and impacts (e.g. mergers and acquisitions). Extracting, cleansing and consolidating information to fact-based insights for further usage e.g. in category strategies.
• Participating in and / or leading financial discussions. Applying financial knowledge to participate actively, e.g. in budgeting process, including tax aspects in sourcing strategies and structuring sophisticated deals with ecosystem partners.
• Support definition and implementation of Procurement tools and processes.
• Managing data analysis and reporting, e.g. analyzing spend, demand, supply markets and competitors. Extracting, cleansing and consolidating information to fact-based insights for further usage e.g. in category strategies.