Global Category Manager Engineering Services & Automation
About the Role
Novartis is unable to offer relocation support for this role: please only apply if this location is accessible for you.
About the Role:
The role provides high value procurement solutions to the business and category strategies; support third party vendor selection, vendor development, technology management and performance measurement activities.
- planning and leading all strategic aspects within the category of Capital Investment, across divisions, on a global level
- developing proposals for strategic business decisions
- ensuring best-in-class delivery of external services and products in the Capital Investment category
- supporting projects to realize year-on-year productivity improvements, cost savings, and process improvements in close collaboration with the partners in the business
- mapping the value chain, analyzing it and deriving potential scenarios
- participating in and / or leading financial discussions. Applying financial knowledge to participate actively, e.g. in budgeting process, including tax aspects in sourcing strategies and structuring sophisticated deals with ecosystem partners
- supervising end-to-end compliance (budget, payment, vendor PO, contract invoice, buying channel, etc.)
- handling data analysis and reporting, e.g., analyzing spend, demand, supply markets and competitors.