Product Owner (f/m/d)
RTL Group SA
Founded in 2008, BMG has become the fourth-largest music publisher worldwide. Our success and competitive edge are rooted in our founding values of fairness, transparency, and service. Our mission is clear: to empower artists and songwriters to maximize the potential of their songs and recordings in the digital era.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Product Owner (f/m/d) to join our Global Technology team based at our headquarter in Berlin.
- Own and manage software products in the IT & Technology team, including the provision of data to downstream departments and systems.
- Understand overall business strategy/needs and manage/prioritise the roadmap and backlogs balancing short/medium term benefits with long term business and technology goals to maximise product stability and scalability while minimising technical debt.
- Partner with business stakeholders, other technology team members and developers to create new products, prioritise work items and achieve business and technological goals.
- Be the voice of the customer within the Technology Group and help the business users achieve better and measurable outcomes. Act as a representative of Technology toward the business functions and vice versa.
- Provide vision, direction and methodology to development teams and stakeholders across software development projects.
- Manage software release planning in collaboration with development teams & ongoing communication with business stakeholders.
- Play an active role in resolving blockers preventing successful completion of critical business tasks.
- Validate product increments to ensure they meet the acceptance criteria and adhere to the agreed software quality metrics.
- Commercially assess value/return on investment, develop business cases and new ideas about how to implement them in an IT environment, prioritize epics and stories to align with overall business, product and technology strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or comparable field.
- Demonstrated experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager, driving business capability expansion, innovation, revenue growth or cost savings.
- Previous experience as a Product Owner within a technology team, taking end to end ownership of product vision, direction, feature deﬁnition, backlog management to the agile development team and respective stakeholders.
- Proven track record in understanding core customer needs and translating them clearly into product development process.
- Functional understanding of the music business, ideally royalties.
- Experience in leading financial operations for Product & Technology groups is preferred.
- Certifications, such as: Scrum Product Owner and/or Google Cloud Digital Leader are nice to have.
- English fluency is essential, German skills are a plus.
- Profound understanding of key concepts and best practices within technology and product management.
- Strong communication skills, with a focus on empathetically addressing the requirements of business users.
- Keen interest to engage and collaborate with diverse set of teams and stakeholders.
- Eagerness to stay abreast of market trends and developments in the competitive landscape within the music industry.
What We Offer
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin and flexible options for remote work
- Numerous benefits such as a free BVG job ticket, an annual Headspace membership, a reduced-price membership for Urban Sports, discounts for Bertelsmann employees etc.
- Ongoing training opportunities on our internal platforms BMG Campus and Bertelsmann University
- Long-term career opportunities for all employees
- A collaborative work environment with an open, appreciative community of people who all share the same passion for working with artists and songwriters
- Our unique corporate culture based on strong values and mutual support that make us a great team
This Is Us
As the great Kurt Cobain once said, "Come as you are." BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees. We value diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness, and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you're good at what you do, come as you are! Whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out, we welcome you to join our team.
All applicants to BMG are treated equally - regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, religion or belief.
(BMG is publishing Kurt Cobain's catalog, including the 1992 single 'Come As You Are.')
Unternehmen: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT GmbH - Corporate
Job ID: 265871