Database Administrator (Open to Remote)
RTL Group SA
We are seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to join our team. This person will be at the forefront of managing and optimizing the backbone of a large portion of our application base – the Oracle database. Your role is crucial in ensuring the reliability, performance, and security of our Oracle databases. You will oversee database installation, configuration, maintenance, and backups, while proactively identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks and issues. Collaborating closely with SAP and infrastructure teams, you'll implement best practices and maintain data integrity, all while staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and security measures. Your expertise will be instrumental in guaranteeing the seamless operation of critical business processes and safeguarding our organization's data assets.
Application Deadline: December 3, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST
- With a focus on best practices, assists with establishing standards and procedures for monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of database systems
- Monitor, restart, and maintainence of database servers
- Execute database backup/restore and troubleshoot database related issues
- Compose scripts to provide critical information to stakeholders and management
- Monitor server, application, and security error logs for any abnormalities
- Design, develop, test, and maintain database solutions using server and related applications
- Design and deploy Integration Service packages
- Search out and implement new technologies to continually simplify the environment while improving security, scalability, availability, and performance
- Optimize database accessibility by developing load balancing/high availability architectures and processes to eliminate downtime
- Develop scripts for database monitoring and to automate routine tasks
- Perform data management tasks as required, such as loading, restoring, and moving data to support our technical and project implementation teams
- Share on-call responsibilities with other database administrators
- Work with application developers in providing tuning and database performance recommendations
- Experience working with databases in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with SAP Basis database support
- Experience with SAP database installations and maintenance patching
- Experience with SAP Oracle installations and maintenance patching
- Experience with disaster recovery planning/implementation
- Experience with backup and recovery for databases
- Experience with implementing patches and version upgrades
- Database server performance tuning
- Ability to work in cloud environments to develop scalable data pipelines with cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of GitLab a plus
- Experience with database and application security protocols
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong team working skills and ability to work as member of a global team
To learn more about our IT Department and their initiatives, visit our Tech Talent site.
The salary range for this position is $105,000-$115,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume with salary requirements.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 300 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 265537