Director, Software Development (Senior Level)
RTL Group SA
Are you looking for a high energy, strategic, and fast-paced position as a Director, Software Development (Senior Level)? Join Relias, the company changing lives throughout the world by helping healthcare organizations improve their clinical and financial outcomes!
For 11,000+ health care and human service organizations, Relias helps clients deliver better clinical and financial outcomes by elevating the performance of teams. We help organizations across the continuum of care get better at maintaining compliance, developing staff and promoting consistent, high-quality care. Our platform employs assessments to reveal specific gaps in skills and addresses them with personalized and engaging learning, choosing from 7,000+ online courses that meet accrediting board, state and federal requirements. We are passionate about our products and our clients; what we deliver and the impact we have on the world is truly something you can be proud to represent. Join us and make a difference.
WHAT CAN RELIAS OFFER YOU?
- Fantastic health and wellness benefits package, including an outstanding 401k match, a flexible PTO program, and a generous and inclusive parental leave policy. Additionally, Relias pays for the employee portion of the monthly healthcare premium!
- Flexible work environment with onsite and work from home options – you choose when you want to come into the office!
- Active Employee Resource Groups open to all employees!
- Comprehensive onboarding program – a great introduction to our company, customers and culture!
- Growth and career advancement opportunities!
- 20%+ annual employee promotion and transfer rate
- Multiple development program options – leadership development, professional development curriculums, and Nanodegree options in both technology and data science
- Professional development gained from conference attendance and participation in organizations like NC Tech
The Director, Software Development is responsible for working with the Software Development leadership team help to lead and manage our software development teams across multiple technical stacks. This role works closely with the Productivity Engineering department and drives the development of software products and manages the software development lifecycle, from conception to deployment. It oversees cross-functional development teams as they develop software-as-a-service solutions that meet the needs of our customers’ and Relias’ strategic goals. This role, in collaboration with Product Management, ensures that Relias platform design requirements are met, oversees the consistency of user experience on the various platforms, and provides oversight over teams of internal and external engineers.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Success in this position will be dependent on strong leadership and oversight skills, empowering teams running in an agile model, holding team members accountable to deliver on roadmap requirements, as well as strong collaboration and communication with peers and within the engineering organization. The Director, Engineering will:
• Support ongoing technological advancements and align decision-making with business strategy.
- Understand forward-looking technology trends and areas of innovation
- Work with software development leadership team to evaluate/personally test new technological developments and gauge appropriateness for the business
- Manage department engineering budget, aligning with business strategy.
• Understand business and customer needs and develop strategies to address
- Understand product and customer needs, working with Productivity Engineering to develop associated technology strategies for rollout in the department
- Ensure development and maintenance of technology to enable strategic initiatives and customer outcomes
- Manage existing vendor relationships and ensure delivery of results
• Ensure delivery of day to day operations, projects and continuous improvement
- Lead the software development team, providing strategic direction, setting clear goals, and managing day-to-day operations.
- Align with defined software development processes, procedures, and standards as outlined by Productivity Engineering.
- Manage the software development lifecycle, aligning with PM partners, including project planning, estimation, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Ensure software products are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards/guidelines.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into software solutions.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and collaboration within the software development team, employing clear communications so all staff understand what they are working towards and why.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and partners to ensure delivery of high-quality software products and services.
- Empower teams to make decisions and take ownership of their work, creating an agile-based environment of autonomy and accountability.
- Promote a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, fostering an environment where all team members feel valued and respected.
- Work with the People team to ensure ongoing development of staff so upskilling is occurring where required for future growth and delivery.
- Prepare, manage, and optimize the engineering budget, ensuring the right resources are employed at the right time as an appropriate expense to the business.
YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES IF YOU HAVE/ARE:
• Possesses unquestioned integrity and ethics. Demonstrates a firm commitment to the company’s values and culture and fosters an ethical, values-driven culture. Maintains a positive attitude and source of energy to the management team. Has the reputation and record of achievement to establish trust and credibility with subordinates, peers, and other stakeholders.
• Defines ambitious goals and establishes priorities with clear responsibilities to ensure results; manages projects, activities, and resources effectively. Can work under pressure with extreme flexibility.
• Creates and communicates a clear and compelling view for the future of the business based on leading technologies or techniques.
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner internally, as well as with external stakeholders to ensure decision making process on key strategic and operational issues is enriched by the perspectives of others.
• Forms networks of positive business relationships that enhance personal and business success.
• Effectively builds commitment and excitement, and wins support for company initiatives at multiple levels both inside and outside the organization. Able to motivate teams and build high levels of trust.
• An executive with the intellect and presence to become a true business partner amongst the executive leadership team –someone who desires to be a consummate learner while significantly contributing to broader business conversations.
• Ability to convey complex concepts and strategies on technical and non-technical levels, both orally and in writing. Conducts effective meetings. Strong presentation skills. Excellent listener; seeks broad input and feedback; employs frequent and effective follow up.
• A team-first, humble demeanor with winning more highly valued than individual glory.
• A focused thinker with superior analytical skills. A quick study in new situations. Strong planning and implementation skills. Continuous improvement mindset.
• Proven ability to develop and drive others in a metrics-driven, process-based environment with high accountability.
• Strong organizational leadership skills.
• Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management
Specifically, the successful candidate will possess the following Pivotal Experience & Expertise:
• 10+ years’ experience working as a technology leader within engineering / software development, managing software development methodologies and teams, delivering complex software projects on time and within budget
• Strong knowledge of software development technologies and tools, including cloud computing, databases, APIs, and programming languages such as Java, Python, and C#.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban.
• Excellent communication, leadership, and organizational skills.
• Proven track record of managing a diverse and multi functional team, both remote and in house. He/she will have managed a complex engineering team.
• Proven ability to develop and drive others in a metrics-driven, process-based environment with high accountability
• Experience collaborating successfully between both internal cross-functional teams and external clients as part of a solutions-based engineering/product process
• History of reporting into the C-Suite, operating at the top levels of companies, and being the key commercial decision maker within a company
• Ability to think strategically and provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
• A track record of building and leading empowered teams that take ownership of their work and deliver results
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Relias is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free workplace
IN OFFICE REQUIREMENT:
Relias values collaboration and wants to ensure that our team members have opportunities to work with their teams regularly for professional development opportunities. Our flexible hybrid work environment requires that you live in the state of North Carolina, within a commutable distance to our office (~1-hour commute). You would be expected to work in our Morrisville, NC Headquarters approximately 40 days/quarter.
Company: Relias LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: North Carolina
Postal Code: 27560
Job ID: 267078