Security Engineer and Network/Systems Administrator
RTL Group SA
BPG-USA in Berryville, VA is currently seeking a Security Engineer & Network/System Administrator. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of our BPG USA computer systems and networks, and for providing expert technical oversight, advice, and support on all network, system and security-related considerations. Occasional travel will be required for this role.
- Design, implement, and maintain secure network infrastructure.
- Install , maintain, and implement hardware and software for the network while analyzing and identifying the system needs of the organization.
- Keeping systems operating efficiently by performing any necessary upgrades and repairs while optimizing and evaluating the system regularly.
- Training or directing IT users on the correct installation of software and hardware within the organization.
- Administer and maintain network devices, including switches, routers, and access points.
- Provide technical support for all network and security-related issues, including troubleshooting network connectivity problems and providing support to IT Operations Technicians and / or end users.
- Stay current with emerging security threats, trends, and technologies, and recommend and implement necessary security upgrades.
- Collaborate with peers and the Manager of IT Operations to develop and document infrastructure management and cybersecurity procedures and policies.
- Oversee the BPG USA vulnerability management and ensure timely patch management for all servers and network assets.
- Manage relationships with network and cybersecurity vendors, such as the outsourced Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Partner with the Divisional Information Security Officer and corporate functions on cybersecurity initiatives and requests.
- Lead incident response and resolution processes in close partnership with the SOC and Divisional Information Security Officer.
- Drive infrastructure and security projects as needed and coordinate with other IT and business teams to ensure successful delivery.
- Provide expert consulting to the Chief Transformation Officer on any infrastructure and security-related considerations.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in network and security administration.
- Strong knowledge of network protocols and technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VPN.
- Experience with firewall and intrusion detection and prevention systems, such as Check Point, Cisco ASA, or Palo Alto Networks.
- Knowledge of security protocols, such as SSL and TLS.
- Experience with network monitoring and vulnerability management tools, such as Crowdstrike Falcon, Spotlight, Humio, Lansweeper, Manage Engine or similar.
- Experience with virtual system environments such as Hyper-V, Nutanix, or Proxmox.
- Project management skills and experience driving IT projects.
- Familiarity with queue-based systems (e.g., JIRA).
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Join the dynamic and ambitious team at BPG USA! With our unwavering commitment to operational excellence, innovation, and customer satisfaction, we are on a journey to set new industry standards and exceed expectations. We have access to a vast network of resources and expertise, enabling us to deliver cutting-edge solutions to the book printing industry. At BPG USA, we highly value our employees and are committed to providing an environment that fosters growth and development. If you're passionate about making a difference and driving innovation, join us on our journey to becoming the best in the business.
Company: Bertelsmann Marketing Services
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 22611
Job ID: 267303