Senior Data Analyst (f/m/d)
RTL Group SA
Founded in 2008, BMG has become the fourth-largest music publisher worldwide. Our success and competitive edge are rooted in our founding values of fairness, transparency, and service. Our mission is clear: to empower artists and songwriters to maximize the potential of their songs and recordings in the digital era.
BMG’s Global Data Analytics is our central data unit, spanning a close-knit international team of experienced Analytics Engineers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists across Germany, the US and the UK. We’re transforming how music works, enabling operational stakeholders to make data-driven decisions as well as driving strategic growth, based on a modern data stack.
We are currently seeking a passionate Senior Data Analyst (f/m/d) to join our headquarters in Berlin. As an experienced Data Analyst, you will collaborate with senior stakeholders of various departments to facilitate informed decision-making through novel data insights, compelling storytelling, and advanced data visualization. Join us in shaping the future of music analytics!
What you’ll be doing
- Process big data volumes, modeling and transforming data (using dbt) from centralized DWHs (e.g. Google BigQuery) and external/organizational databases to build strategic analyses and operational KPIs
- Utilize data visualization to support decision-making, crafting compelling (Looker) dashboards for key business stakeholders (e.g. Investments, Artist & Repertoire, Marketing, Streaming Sales, Rights & Royalties, Finance)
- Develop scalable self-service reporting solutions and address diverse ad-hoc requests that transform our business
- Collaborate closely with our global team and international colleagues to foster a data-driven culture by proposing innovative initiatives and building actionable data products
- Interact with developers, data engineers, and management to propose new technologies, processes and system improvements, as well as global data governance strategies
What you bring
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Profound experience in data analytics, ideally with large datasets
- Excellent SQL skills and good knowledge of Python
- Proficiency in data visualization tools, such as Looker or Tableau
- Knowledge of data analysis methods and storytelling
- Results-driven and analytical character, with a strategic mindset to derive business insights
- Effective communication skills - confident in presenting findings to senior management
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders to understand business needs and data consumer needs
- Capability to plan and implement projects independently
- Comfortable working in a global, fast-paced and dynamic environment
It’s also a plus if you have…
- Prior music industry experience
- Experience with GCP, dbt and Git
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Understanding of statistical methods and ML
- Usage of ETL frameworks
What We Offer
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin and flexible options for remote work.
- Numerous benefits such as a free BVG job ticket, an annual Headspace membership, a reduced-price membership for Urban Sports, discounts for Bertelsmann employees etc.
- Ongoing training opportunities on our internal platforms BMG Campus and Bertelsmann University
- Long-term career opportunities for all employees.
- A collaborative work environment with an open, appreciative community of people who all share the same passion for working with artists and songwriters.
- Our unique corporate culture based on strong values and mutual support that make us a great team.
This Is Us
As the great Kurt Cobain once said, "Come as you are." BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees. We value diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness, and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you're good at what you do, come as you are! Whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out, we welcome you to join our team.
All applicants to BMG are treated equally - regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood, ethnic origin, color, nationality, religion or belief.
(BMG is publishing Kurt Cobain's catalog, including the 1992 single 'Come As You Are.')
Company: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT GmbH - Corporate
Postal Code: 10117
Job ID: 267978