SMTS Software Engineer (tableau AI)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Sr Tableau AI expert will be building AI-infused analytical applications across salesforce business technologies like sales, service, marketing, finance, and more. You will work with Product Owners, engineers, architects, and business use cases into immersive analytic experiences while laying a sustainable foundation that helps us scale to high-quality smart analytical apps. You are an experienced candidate with hands-on experience in data visualization, application development, and machine-learning applications. We're expecting a candidate with a self-starter attitude, strong technical skills, and effective communication skills who can work independently in designing, building, and launching these analytic apps. These apps will provide descriptive, diagnostic, prescriptive, and predictive insights fully immersed in the users' business process.
- Design, Develop, test, and package high-quality AI-infused reusable analytical components and applications.
- Apply AI and machine learning techniques (through collaboration with the AI/ML team) to enhance data analysis and insights within Tableau dashboards.
- Utilize machine learning algorithms and statistical models to analyze and extract insights from data.
- Develop predictive models and data-driven solutions.
- Integrate AI models to provide predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to deploy AI models into Tableau dashboards.
- Collaborate with business analysts and data engineers to identify and address data quality issues.
- Create custom scripts and calculations within Tableau to enhance data analysis.
- Active contributor to a scrum team building ETL pipelines, data visualizations, app packaging, UI components, and tooling
- Responsible for building high-performance dashboards and pipelines
- Work with the Tableau Admin team to ensure the stability and performance of the Tableau Server ecosystem.
- Identify patterns and meaningful insights from data through qualitative and quantitative analysis using Tableau, including but not limited to predictive modeling and data mining.
- Participate and promote architectural initiatives that simplify app engineering, reuse, and content maintenance
- Explore, experiment, and implement new Analytics platform capabilities within the Intelligent apps
- Define, collect, and report metrics that measure the progress and performance of the build and test infrastructure
- Lead initiatives to boost tooling, automation, and integration speed focusing on developer productivity, release velocity, and product quality
Education & Experience :
- BE/Btech or MS/Mtech in Computer Science or a related discipline is required.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in building analytical applications, data visualizations, data pipelines, and AI/ML applications
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of analytics and familiarity with AI methodologies.
- Experience with Tableau & CRMA and/or any other BI tools (Looker, Power BI, Qlik, etc.)
- Hands-on experience and expertise with Python and related AI/ML libraries.
- Experience with query languages (e.g. SQL, PL/SQL, Pig, etc.) and understanding of data management technologies
- Experience working with large datasets including data modeling, logical schema design, ETL/ELT, and developing data pipelines for structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Experience in the development, configuration, implementation, and support of Salesforce-based applications based on Lightning Components, Lightning Design System, Lightning Flows, and leveraging the Salesforce Platform.
- Experience with Salesforce's technical stack - SOQL, APIs, Custom Objects, APEX, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with an ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.