To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We seek a talented DevOps engineer to join a strong technology team responsible for the implementation and support of high-volume, high-performance client-facing applications. The candidate will provide deployment/release support for applications that are part of cloud-based, mobile, and/or on-premise environments.
You will be responsible for leading key projects in the design, development, and post-release support of the tools that are used by a variety of internal teams at salesforce.com including Salesforce Research scientists. You will be working with multiple development teams as you use their tooling to build capacity at scale. The ideal candidate will be able to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment, be a problem solver, and has great communication skills. DevOps Engineers who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative environment, and love working with an agile, customer-driven, technology team should apply.
At Salesforce, the DevOps Technical Consultant will be part of the Global Delivery Centre (GDC) within the Salesforce Professional Services organization. The GDC includes technical and functional subject matter experts who implement Salesforce products, to meet customer needs whilst leveraging Salesforce best practices.
This individual will play a strategic role by using their more technically oriented skill sets to service and support clients during and post-launch. In this role, one must drive ongoing innovation and collaborate with our Customer Success teams using up-to-date programs and tools to assist our customers in achieving successful outcomes and growing their business on the Salesforce platform.
- Build, automate, deploy and operate highly available, robust, resilient, and secure Salesforce applications
- Designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple data centers
- Creative problem solver and out-of-the-box thinker who can effectively collaborate with a range of partners throughout a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly learn new Salesforce innovations and deeply evaluate the technical components of technology, service, or product from a business perspective.
- Consult with internal customers and act as an advocate in representing their requirements to teams and develop innovative ways to overcome their challenges.
- Be a proud ideator and confidently drive innovations to market with a full customer perspective.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently. Define expectations for collaborating teams, hold them accountable for success and failure.
- Strong familiarity working within case/ticketing queues, managing competing tasks & troubleshooting requests on behalf of stakeholders
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
- 4+ years of work experience in a DevOps or similar role.
- Solid understanding of how to configure, deploy, manage and maintain Salesforce applications
- Experience in handling salesforce metadata, environments and sandbox management
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines.
- Experience with Version Control systems (GitHub, GitLab, Azure DevOps, etc.) and system registration, setup, branching strategy, environment strategy, etc.
- Experience with Containers and orchestration services like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Knowledge about cloud security and best practices.
- Fluency in one or more scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies
- Being a great listener, collaborator, communicator, and mentor.
- A strong background in open-source technology and DevOps tools.
- Championing a culture and work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Information Systems or related field
- Experience with Version Control (Git)
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools such as Jenkins, GitHub actions, or Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Implementing any Salesforce Devops Commercial tools such as Copado, Flosum, Gearset/Changeset, Autorabit etc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.