Software Engineering LMTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We are the team responsible for the infrastructure lifecycle orchestration of the Hyperforce program and have significant Systems Engineering and Computer Science challenges. Our event-driven dependency management and orchestration system creates public cloud resources serving many service teams at Salesforce. We are the 'tip of the spear', leading the charge into new substrates, and building a true multi-substrate (AWS, AliCloud, GCP, Azure, etc.) infrastructure platform.
Salesforce's growth and success depend on Hyperforce, and Hyperforce depends on this team's platform. Significant exposure and growth opportunities are available at all levels. If you care deeply about cloud technologies, infrastructure as code, and distributed systems, and have the desire to make a huge impact on the future of Salesforce reach out to us.
Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. You will need strong experience developing front-end web applications and a desire to create interfaces that provide clarity in mission-critical situations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for contributing to and driving an event-driven orchestration engine, feature developments, and REST APIs of new and existing internal microservices from design, and testing to the eventual release to address customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Collaborate with internal teams for requirements and API design.
- Communicate effectively with internal customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels.
- Resolving complex technical issues and driving innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance.
- Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt.
- Continuously improve operational excellence and ensure correctness and 24x7 stability of the entire system.
- 8+ years of experience building cloud services with a public cloud (AWS is preferable).
- 8+ years of experience working with relational data stores (Postgres a plus)
- 8+ years of experience with an Agile framework.
- 8+ years of experience building complex distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through the actual launch of the project.
- Bachelor's or a higher degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field, plus 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving abilities
- Strong planning, organization, and work management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing distributed systems using asynchronous communication.
- Experience in event processing-based orchestration.
- Experience in operating a workload/workflow management system.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.