Software Engineer Heroku
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Software Engineer - Infra
Heroku operates the world’s largest PaaS cloud, continuously delivering millions of apps with 6+ million container deployments, 16+ billion routing requests, and 10+ terabytes of application logs per day. Our vision is for developers to focus on their applications and leave operations to us.
We work in small groups who are heartfelt about our users’ problems. We plan weekly, chat daily, and work closely together. Our team is a globally distributed remote community with members excited to work together on challenging distributed systems problems.
We hope you are passionate about joining our community of engineers. We love to learn, to operate a gigantic distributed system, and to sustain a remote culture of support and growth.
Examples of recent Runtime engineering work at Heroku
- Better orchestration and config management: growing out of our early Terraform usage into a robust system demonstrating Terraform Cloud to manage the deployment pipeline of Heroku’s backing Runtime services across several shards.
- Component modernization: building the next version of our router
- Researching and learning: using our Kubernetes orchestration backend for our internal Runtime API as part of a larger effort to build the next generation of our runtime
- Infrastructure improvements: transitioned our use of K8s from self-managed to managed by integrating EKS and implemented a new authentication scheme to integrate our container registry with EKS.
- Expansion and Growth: expanding our Private Spaces and Common Runtime products into new regions to give customers more options about where their applications are deployed.
- Core infrastructure scaling and growth: broke up a critical, monolithic Ruby application that performs many container scheduling tasks and refactored it as a set of well scoped gRPC Go services.
Profiles relevant to us would feature
- 7+ years in a full-time, professional software engineering role
- Experience developing production software (Java, Go, Ruby, Python or C++)
- Experience deploying services on Kubernetes
- Experience using AWS and deep familiarity with its services and offerings
- Experience deploying, operating and supporting critical production systems
- Experience in a technical leadership role in a collaborative team environment
- Enthusiasm for learning new languages, frameworks, and skills
- A commitment to winning together as a team, and collaboration over going it alone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Experience working on a distributed software engineering / DevOps team
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.