Software Engineering LMTS (Infra)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Vulnerability Data Platform (VDP) team is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help build a secure, cloud-native and scalable Data Platform to implement security controls for identifying, classifying, scanning, and reporting security vulnerabilities or misconfigurations across Salesforce’s various infrastructure.
Our team is looking for an experienced engineer to design and implement
infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) systems to orchestrate and extract vulnerability information
from our assets fleet. Our IaaS must be highly scalable and available, capable of collecting
information from millions of hardware and software assets, and provide our security teams with
the ability to query and act on compliance-related events. You will build state-of-the-art platforms
for deploying and managing large scale scanning platforms, covering a diverse collection of
assets (e.g., servers, VMs, containers, network, web applications) and public cloud substrates
(Azure, AWS, GCP, etc). You will design and implement systems for continuously monitoring
and reporting violations of infrastructure misconfiguration across on-prem and public cloud
This is a great opportunity for ambitious engineers who want technical growth in distributed
systems development, big data collection and processing, as well as security. Your talent will
find significant outreach and business impact, contributing to the CISO’s security goals and reports.
Here’s what you’ll do
● Learn and adapt to Salesforce security strategies, security goals, security objectives,
and security capabilities to improve security posture.
● Architect and implement vuln detection platforms for continuous assessment of threat
and vulnerabilities, risk and policy compliance across Salesforce software and
● Build platforms for extracting asset metadata across classes of assets (mobile, laptops,
compute servers) and cloud multi-substrates (on-prem, AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
● Build monitoring and engagement services to allow security engineers to act on the
collected vulnerabilities and compliance data and take remediation actions.
● Operate in an Agile development environment, including participating in daily scrums.
● Support the team’s engineering excellence by performing code reviews and mentoring
senior team members.
● Own and deliver initiatives adding new features to meet ever growing product demands.
Work cross-functionally with product management and other partner teams to complete large scale projects with impact across the company.
● Adapt to change quickly and eagerly: changing requirements, changing priorities,
● Advocate security and secure practices throughout Salesforce
Here’s what you’ll need
● Industry experience: 8+ years for LMTS, including:
○ 5+ years experience in SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS software development
● Education: M.Sc/B.E in Computer Science Engineering
● Distributed systems and data engineering: Expertise in designing, implementing,
and operating high-scale distributed systems architectures and concepts, including the
○ High-performance, high-availability (99.99%), and highly fault-tolerant systems
○ Large scale infrastructure systems
○ Docker-based development, especially experience using EKS
○ Configuration management systems, including Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC),
● Programming: Proficiency in object-oriented and multi-threaded programming in at least
one of the following languages: Python, Golang, Java/Scala
● Software design: Demonstrated expertise in applying systems patterns (e.g.,
Client-server, N-tier, Primary/secondary, MVC) and API constructions (e.g., Swagger,
● Operating systems: Development and software management on Linux (e.g., CentOS or RHEL)
● Data Tech: Apache Spark & Kafka, Hadoop, SQL/NoSQL
● Security. Strong fundamentals knowledge in security concepts:
authentication/authorization frameworks (e.g., SSO, SAML, OAuth, etc), secure
transport (e.g., TLS), identity management (e.g., certificates, PKI)
● Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Team: Ability to value team success beyond personal contributions
● Vision Execution: Ability to translate strategic or operational goals to technical and
tactical requirements and architecture design.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.