Senior Director, Software Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a leading SaaS provider for cross-channel digital marketing solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, Web and marketing automation. No other digital marketing company invests in product innovation the way we do, giving our clients access to truly cutting-edge technology. Joining forces with Salesforce.com, pioneers in cloud computing, we offer an even more superior experience to our customers and employees.
We are the largest suite of digital marketing tools on the planet. Most of your favorite brands you wear or use every day rely on us for their customer engagement needs. Our success is powered by large scale distributed services operating around the world handling tens of billions of transactions every day. Behind those services we have a diverse team of people with variety of perspectives and backgrounds. We cherish a friendly and inclusive environment where every individual is valued. We work with transparency and integrity and foster innovation and creativity.
We are looking for technically strong, energetic, highly collaborative, and passionate leaders to join our next generation messaging platform org. The messaging org is a startup within Salesforce chartered to build the next generation of services for various channels like Email, SMS, Push, WhatsApp etc. It’s a rapidly growing team with a multi-billion dollar charter. You will play a key role in our strategic investments in messaging space. You will build a first class zero trust environment for other Salesforce businesses to follow and adopt. You will work across organizational boundaries, disciplines and technology stacks. You will run and lead a team/teams of outstanding developers and keep quality in mind. We work in a collaborative environment, and we value open communication, feedback and making learning fun!
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many multi-functional teams, architects, product owners and engineer
- Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the product
- Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolving it before it happens
- Daily management of stand-ups as the Scrum Master for engineering teams
- Partner with PO to align with objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, and risk
- Ensuring teams have clear priorities and adequate resources
- Empowering the delivery team to self coordinate
- Be a multiplier and have a passion for team and team members’ success
- Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Maintaining high morale and motivating the delivery team to go above and beyond
- Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions
- Participating in architecture, design discussions and planning
- Participating in multi-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams
- Maintaining and encouraging our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals
- Occasionally chipping in to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments, to gain an understanding of the deeply technical product as well as to keep your technical skill sharp
- A related technical degree required
- 3 + years of proven track record leading software engineering teams with a distinguished track record on technically fast paced projects
- Experience leading large scale distributed systems, working with microservices and/or distributed architecture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be flexible, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications
- Experience with short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that’s been released for public consumption
- Experience in hiring, mentoring and leading engineers
- Working experience of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with Agile development methodologies. Scrum Master experience required
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and product management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Benefits & Perks
Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
*IN SCHOOL OR GRADUATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS? PLEASE VISIT FUTURE FORCE FOR OPPORTUNITIES*
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $213,900 to $326,300.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.