Senior Android Engineer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Are you excited about the opportunity to influence the software industry by being involved with visionary technologies and bringing them to life on mobile platforms? Do you want to work on consumer facing, but enterprise grade services? Do you like a start-up style delivery, with the vastly powerful Customer Success Platform? Want to work on award winning mobile applications that have millions of monthly active users? Then this might be the role for you.
As a technical contributor on the Mobile team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the product, from development, quality engineering, and performance. You will be working on building native experiences in our extensive mobile apps portfolio, which includes apps like Salesforce App for iOS and Android. You will be working with a group of world-class engineers to build breakthrough features our customers will love, adopt, and use, while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable. You will be interacting with multiple teams across Salesforce to help evangelise mobile development and help them light up their experiences on mobile platforms.
* Independently designs and delivers code for features and products with a quality mindset.
* Provides oversight through code and design reviews for features delivered by other developers within their scrum team with a mobile first mindset
* Master the Salesforce development process, culture and code base
* Consistently provides input on product, process, quality and team direction
* A subject matter expert who drives quality by surfacing areas of impact and risk
* Develop test plans and test automation for features and/or products
* Verifies quality of the code delivered through manual and automated testing. Extends the automation framework where necessary.
* Works closely with senior developers, architects, PM, and UX to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
* Writes code for most areas of product.
* Troubleshoot production issues.
* Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance.
* Provide leadership and coaching to others on your scrum teams, as well as providing mentoring to others who may be on other scrum teams.
* Bachelor’s degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
* Deep understanding of Design patterns and Object Oriented Programming
* Demonstrable experience with real-world iOS for the App Store, Google Play Store, or Enterprise distribution
* Experience building and delivering highly scalable, reliable, and complex software systems on-time and on budget
* Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
* A commitment to writing quality code including writing Unit and UI Automated tests
* An eagerness to learn new things and to help others do the same
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
* 4+ years professional experience with Mobile development on Android
* 5+ years professional software development experience
* Experience with full stack software development
* Developed at least one complete network-based client application, available in the App Store or Google Play store
* Open Source Contributions are a plus
* Experience building SDKs for Android
* Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum)
Benefits & Perks
Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.