Senior Manager, D&A Product Manager - Customer Adoption
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Customer Success Group (CSG) organization at Salesforce is responsible for on-boarding, product usage, standard processes, training, customer support, professional services, partner certification, and developing long-term relationships with Salesforce customers. The Customer Intelligence team in the Data and Analytics org builds innovative data products, data analysis, data engineering, deep data science & modeling and data driven intelligence around our customers' usage, adoption and engagement behaviors, which in turn is used to help them better adopt their products and realize value from their investment in Salesforce.
We are seeking an Associate Product Manager to be part of the Self-Service Experiences team in the Success Pillar of the Data and Analytics organization, to build out the product strategy and roadmap that supports the data and intelligence needs of our business collaborators in the Success organization. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with numerous business teams on projects that cover a broad array of data domains and technologies. You will own the strategy and roadmap for providing the data and insights needed to advise key decisions and improve business processes. You will both lead the backlog of collaborator requests, as well as proactively identify and propose automated, self-service solutions to empower the business with data and insights. You will work with our Data Engineering team to design and complete your product strategy.
- Manage collaborator relationships and the backlog and prioritization of their requests
- Manage sprint cadence including user story creation and recurring standups to ensure timely product delivery
- Support the hygiene around performance reviews, critical metrics, quarterly planning
- Experience in developing technical roadmaps and prototypes, trying out new technologies and collaborating with a global set of team members.
- Understand the breadth and depth of Salesforce product capabilities and how it is captured by the metadata around customers’ use of these products.
- Partner with Salesforce product specialists to document and evaluate required data and information.
- Capture technical requirements for data capture and collaborate with data engineers and data scientists in how this data is used within the internal solutions that the team develops.
- Act as the liaison between the product teams, the data teams, the internal development team, and business collaborators.
- Wear a business hat and deliver solutions that fit business needs while simultaneously working across the engineering, data science and data services teams to build for scale.
- Mentor and collaborate with other team members to grow Salesforce’s internal domain and data knowledge.
- Establish processes to test and validate data and ensure high data integrity and quality.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions and maintain business and technical requirements documents for analytics projects.
- Examine and analyze how this work affects how Salesforce enables their internal stakeholders to drive and scale customer success.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- 8+ years experience in a combination of data engineering, data analysis, product analytics or an equivalent role
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Deep understanding of the Agile methodologies with at least 3 years experience, as well as how to implement, instruct, and modify as appropriate for the team and organization
- Expert in SQL, and other distributed data tools (Snowflake, Spark, Hive, Pig, MapReduce). Experience with Splunk, Python/R and other BI tools is a plus
- Ability to translate from data to relevant business insights
- Experience working with BI/Visualization tools like Tableau, Qlik, Domo, Einstein Analytics, etc
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbal, with the ability to work with both executives as well as technologists
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, experiment with products and contribute cross-functionally.
- Strong customer advocacy skills and experience, ability to work in difficult customer situations
- Sophisticated Salesforce product knowledge / Certification is a big plus
- Experience with master data management, data integration, data governance, data analysis, or data quality to support cross-functional business teams.
- See around corners – understand the levers of value creation for the company and be a proactive champion for the things that need to get done
- Outstanding at preparing Presentations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.