Software Engineer - GTM Planning Data
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Job Details - MTS - Data Engineering
Global Sales Intelligence team at Salesforce provides strategic, actionable insights to executives, Sales teams and other internal stakeholders. We build analytics, predictive & descriptive models and data products in a fast paced environment, where a self-starter will thrive. The Data Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and documenting data pipelines related to data science and analytics projects. Successful candidate should have strong interest in data analytics, data discovery and applied statistics.
* Build ETL pipelines with SQL based technologies and platforms.
* Design and develop data applications using selected tools and frameworks as required and requested
* Work with different technologies (Python, shell scripts) and translate logic into well-performing SQL or other relational language and/or platform.
* Develop data products on SQL (Oracle) and Python. Be prepared to learn new platforms and syntax with short ramp-up cycles.
* Automate data pipelines using scheduling tools like Airflow.
* Be prepared for changes in business direction and understand when to adjust designs.
* Design, develop and document database objects with the best architectural principles and patterns.
* Demonstrate operational excellence and strong can-do attitude.
* Have a BS in Engineering/Technology or equivalent with 3-8 years experience in developing applications
* Solid understanding of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL or SOQL databases.
* Strong hands-on experience working in Apex Classes, Apex Triggers, Lightning Web Components, Ability to write Apex Test Class for code coverage, Triggers SOQL.
* Strong data understanding. Be able to pick up patterns in data, correct for anomalies
* Experience in automated testing is a plus
* Salesforce experience/ certification is a huge plus but not required
* Excellent communication skills
* Should be an expert in Python and hands-on experience with Django framework
* Salesforce certification is a plus.
* Solid understanding of databases, and working with complex datasets
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.