Software Engineer II, Test Infrastructure (DevXP) - Slack
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
About the team
Slack is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Developer Experience team passionate about test infrastructure. This team is responsible for developer test tooling, infrastructure and experience for backend and frontend enabling engineers across the organization to build new features quickly, safely, and with confidence. In addition to being responsible for the growth and output of the team this person will collaborate on and drive tooling and infrastructure practices across the company.
Slack is a fast growing enterprise software company that makes work life simpler, happier and more productive. We operate at tremendous scale with systems that process millions of user events per second. We are iterating on these large scale systems rapidly as we continue to evolve how work happens. We are looking for passionate individuals with deep technical skills that are passionate about contributing towards internal developer infrastructure.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be thoughtful, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not apply?
What you will be doing:
- Be a part of a team of engineers tasked with building the best developer experience and tooling for tests that powers Slack
- Provide contributions to ensure availability, performance, security and scalability of an AWS production system at Slack
- Participate in and contribute to the strategy and design sessions involving key technology and test infrastructure direction
- You’ll work on some of the latest technologies in this space to speed up our CI, improve general developer experience of working on code while collaborating closely with Product and Front End (FE) and Backend (BE) infrastructure teams to orchestrate changes to a large codebase.
- You’ll get to trace, measure and improve the performance characteristics of our internal systems
What you should have:
- You have the experience of a DevOps engineer or have been in a similar software engineering role
- Exposure to deployment, automation, management and maintenance of AWS cloud-based production systems
- You have experience in automation/configuration management using Terraform, Chef or equivalent
- You understand the fundamentals of git and are familiar with standard processes for deploying software
- You are proficient in at least one programming language, preferred languages are Python and Hacklang.
- You are comfortable working with a team that cares for developers to improve the overall test experience as part of the SDLC at scale.
- You have familiarity with testing frameworks for UI and API automated testing. Preferred frameworks are Playwright, Rspec
- You can fix and resolve problems quickly across various domains and platforms
- You are a strong communicator and are experienced explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Bachelor's in Computer Science and or equivalent industry experience. Individuals with non-traditional backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,400 to $183,400.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.