Software Engineering | Director/Senior Manager/Manager
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud team is building the next generation of marketing solutions and is singularly focused on the needs of the Marketer. Our success is defined by our end-user's success with both our current and future state Marketing Engagement solutions. We lean into cohesive end-to-end campaign management experiences, allowing our customers to humanize moments for their customers, harness efficiencies to do more with less, and optimize the impact of their marketing spend. We define and build a Marketing Engagement product portfolio that strives to meet the needs of every marketing team for customers of all sizes, shapes, and industries.
We seek a technically strong, energetic, highly collaborative, and passionate leader to build and lead software engineering teams and deliver on an innovative and aggressive roadmap. We work in a collaborative environment and value agility, innovation, technical craftsmanship, and customer trust.
- You will Build and lead multiple teams.
- You will recruit and retain top talent and manage the performance and career development of engineers.
- You will integrate, build, extend, and expose Salesforce platform capabilities that enable marketers.
- You will drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many multi-functional teams, architects, product owners, and engineers.
- You will Build rich experiences that scale from the smallest companies to the largest enterprises.
- You will ensure customer success and uphold the quality that our customers expect, including focusing heavily on automated regression testing.
- You will work with peers across teams to support and leverage a shared technical stack.
- You will partner with PO to align with objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, and risk.
- You will champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will manage stand-ups as the Scrum Master for engineering team(s)
- You will participate in architecture discussions and planning
- You will gain and maintain an understanding of a deeply technical product as well as keep your technical skills sharp
- A related technical degree required
- Overall 14+yrs experience in software engineering and 3+ years of proven track record leading software engineering teams with a distinguished track record on technically fast paced projects
- 6+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience building applications with complex service/microservice architectures and a mix of client-side and back-end technologies.
- Experience with object-oriented programming and other scripting languages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be flexible, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications
- Experience with short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that’s been released for public consumption
- Experience in hiring, mentoring and leading engineers
- Working experience of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and product management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experience working in large enterprises with globally distributed engineering teams
- Experience developing on and with Salesforce Technologies
- Experience in Marketing / Advertising software.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.