Director, Product Operations
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProgram & Project Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Product Operations team is dedicated to driving Salesforce’s product planning and delivery life cycle. We work with product executives, product managers, technology program managers, research & insights and operations leaders across Technology & Products to run efficient product life cycle processes, drive data-informed decisions, and create actionable insights that enable our stakeholders to increase their productivity, effectiveness, and impact. This director of product operations position will report into the senior director of product operations. You will be responsible for managing and supporting many elements of how we run product pilots at Salesforce. By looking at the lifecycle of a pilot and how we take our products to market, your goal will be to help create a more seamless experience for our internal and external customers. The successful candidate will have experience in program design and delivery, have a zest for streamlining and improving existing processes, drive execution and bring experience and expertise partnering closely with our executives and leaders at all levels of the organization in a consultative role.
- Love to wear multiple hats.
- You're creative, fast-moving, self-motivated, and a natural leader.
- Builds the relationships to make things happen.
- Highly functional in an energizing environment.
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Outstanding executive presence and communications professional.
- A service-oriented-minded person who "Thinks Customer."
- Enjoy a hyper-transparent flow of information, conversation, and ideas.
- Determine needs of our internal customers and stakeholders based on data from needs assessments/discussions with leaders and individual contributors.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to assure that programs and services are aligned with specific business priorities and outcomes.
- Day-to-day program management and oversight of the pilot program to ensure operational success. Actively involved in the success of each component of the program will help us serve the business.
- Come up with creative and strategic ways to scale the pilot program. Just because something has been done one way doesn’t mean there isn’t a better, more efficient way to do something. Don’t be scared to try new things.
- Act as a consultant and trusted advisor to business leaders, collaborating with them to define, align on, and satisfy the organization’s skill development needs.
- Partner with data and analytics to build out visualizations and dashboards to show impact of the pilot success.
- Build-in measurable outcomes for all solutions created and regularly report on progress to stakeholders.
- Identify gaps in current tools and infrastructure, prioritizing and crafting business cases to validate the importance of new feature requests.
- Provide monthly program reviews and updates (deep dive into the current state of project goals, risks, and critical issues).
- Be a catalyst within the organization, someone who can help advance our Product strategy globally and drive others in the organization to change.
- 10+ years experience managing complex initiatives & projects from initiation to completion for a SaaS/PaaS based Product Development organization.
- Outstanding organizational, communication (verbal/presentation/written), and program management skills. Can lead programs from inception to completion.
- Deep understanding of the product development function within a SaaS technology company.
- Has strong process optimization and organizational design skills and can collaborate with multiple stakeholders to effectively identify needs, and then determine a path forward.
- Motivated self-starter able to work independently with ability to keep up in a fast paced environment.
- Fast and creative problem solving abilities for both quick fixes and areas where larger strategic solutions are needed.
- Can influence and set direction with senior leaders within our fast-moving organization.
- Experienced presenter, storyteller, and coach. Is comfortable working with all levels of leaders.
- Can handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing workloads to meet competing deadlines, and weigh the costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Is willing to both be strategic and roll up their sleeves to get critical work done.
- Can track and report on key metrics the team’s reporting and dashboard tools.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while responding to changing business and technical conditions.
- Experience overcoming the difficulties of managing projects with remote and global team members
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $190,800 to $276,800.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.