Director, Product Management - Analytics Experience
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce.com is currently seeking a Director, Product Management - Analytics Experience to join our Unified Analytics Experience team focusing on building out the world's best analytics tool. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to empower a vast user base to make data driven decisions an essential part of their daily workflow. This role focuses on defining user experience for consuming and building analytics content. Candidates must have a passion for building great products. This is a unique opportunity to be able to bring new game changing products to the market working in a fast paced environment.
This role has both inbound and outbound responsibilities. Inbound responsibilities consist of working with the technology team to deliver net new world-class cloud computing Analytics tools and application driven by customers, prospects, advisory teams and internal product experts. Outbound responsibilities include meeting with customers, prospects (enterprise and SMB) and industry analysts to discuss product requirements and the product roadmap. This job is for people who thrive in a fast paced collaborative environment, enjoy ideating, bringing new product to market, pushing the boundaries, not scared to take a risk and love working with the best technology team in the world.
* Define and deliver the next generation of Unified Analytics Experience. This includes defining market needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation and communication, release planning, requirements gathering, functional specification all the way through to customer enablement and success.
* Work very closely with development, QA, user experience, documentation and other product teams to execute the Analytics product strategy.
* Leverage market analysis, competitive knowledge, and customer research to define a product roadmap.
* Engage directly with customers during pre-sales and post-sales implementations to ensure the product will help them reach their desired business outcomes.
* Perform the role of champion to promote and evangelize the product and new features with marketing, sales, support, professional services, partners and customers.
* Create compelling demos for internal and external use.
* Represent salesforce.com as a domain and product expert at customer interactions, industry and corporate events.
* Drive and passion for building great products
* Strong working knowledge of either Tableau or CRM Analytics (both is nice to have)
* 1-2+ years of experience in Product Management or using/developing an Analytical Product
* Strong presentation skills, the ability to engage with large and small audiences and clearly get your point across to convince your audience of the vast potential of your product vision.
* Excellent organizational, analytic, and communication skills and an attention to detail.
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
* Proven ability to create functional designs, wireframes, product demonstrations and proof of concepts for new product ideas and marketing events
* Working knowledge of modern web technology including HTML, java script and CSS
* Professionalism, dedication and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
* B.S. degree (Computer Science, MIS or related degree preferred)
* Having an eye for detail as well as a great design instinct having worked closely with UX to build great experiences in the past is very important
* Leadership DNA, proven ability to excite and lead a development team
* Ability to prioritize and politely say “No” to a litany of good ideas that are distracting your team from working on great ideas.
Nice to Haves:
* Other Analytics product or BI tool experience including Salesforce Reports and Dashboards.
* Extensive data visualization knowledge
* Statistics, Data Mining, or Data Processing experience
* Cloud computing or SAAS experience.
* Working knowledge of AI, ML, GPT concepts.
* Demonstrated experience in the agile software development process.
* Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming customer needs into an actionable product vision and requirements definition.
* MBA or Technical Masters Degree
* Domain knowledge in CRM, Service, or Marketing, particularly as it relates to analytics.
* Salesforce knowledge, a strong domain knowledge of Salesforce users, admins, and the entire Salesforce ecosystem.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $193,200 to $280,200.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $210,800 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.