Software Engineer, Android - Slack (Multiple Levels)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Slack is your Digital HQ – a place where work flows between your people, systems, partners, and customers. From Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, millions of people around the world use Slack to connect their teams, unify their systems, and drive their business forward.
Slack breaks down communication silos inside and beyond your organization by bringing teams and tools together around common goals, projects and processes in channels and in Slack Connect. It removes the limits of physical walls, giving people the flexibility to do their best work where, when and how they prefer with features like huddles and clips. And it empowers everyone to automate common tasks with apps and workflows. In this digital-first era, Slack’s mission is to make people’s work lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
A taste of our scale and reach:
- Slack delivers 300k+ messages per second
- 77% of the fortune 100 use Slack
- 150+ countries have daily active users in Slack
- To date, 1.79 trillion messages have been sent on Slack
- 2.65 billion actions are taken in Slack each day
- Slack has 200k+ paid customers
- Users are spending a combined 243 million minutes per week in Huddles
- We're looking for people who are passionate about crafting phenomenal Android applications.
You've been around for a few API levels and you know how to delight Android users. You've got an eye for the alluring Android design our users expect and an attention to detail down to the very last density independent pixel. You know your way around the View hierarchy and are eager to partner with Product and Design to craft efficient, performant, and delightful user experiences. You like building for the long term and value patterns and structures that allow for maximum flexibility in a constantly evolving product.
We are looking for feature, infrastructure, and performance engineers to take our Slack Android app to the next level. As an Android Engineer, you will work with a cross-disciplinary team, using your extensive knowledge of building applications across a wide array of Android devices to make the Slack experience on Android be the best it can possibly be.
Slack on Android is used by millions of people every week - we need engineers who want to make that experience as enjoyable as possible.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture; we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and above all, collaborative.
What You Should Have:
- At least 4+ years of mobile engineering experience, ideally in a team environment
- A related technical degree required
- Experience developing with Kotlin
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Current and detailed knowledge of the capabilities of different Android API levels
- Experience developing highly performant Java code and view layouts and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- A familiarity with the Android tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- An excellent understanding of best practices for concurrency and threading
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
- Experience building design systems to create reusable and scalable components
- A passion for creating accessible applications
- A passion for building and maintaining outstanding open source projects or otherwise adding to the Android community
- Experience with reactive programming (e.g. RXJava)
Benefits & Perks
Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more!
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
*IN SCHOOL OR GRADUATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS? PLEASE VISIT FUTURE FORCE FOR OPPORTUNITIES*
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,400 to $254,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.