Senior Director, Software Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the largest suite of B2B and B2C marketing and commerce engagement tools on the planet. Our products are used by almost every brand you can name across multiple customer touch-points near real-time to gather insights, predict and communicate. At the heart of our platform is marketing automation that powers millions of hyper-personalized journeys. Thousands of enterprises build lasting relationships with their customers using Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
The next step for the business is to advance the vision of the Next Generation CRM product with a high throughput near real-time marketing automation platform, organically infused with AI capabilities. This platform will build on the success of existing in-market products like Flow, Journey Builder and Marketing Cloud Einstein, to deliver the vision of autonomous marketing campaigns on top of the Salesforce Platform. Key tenet of this platform is composability with other services developed by partner organizations within Salesforce into a cohesive unified architecture.
The organization is looking for a highly technical Senior Director of Software Engineering with extensive background in distributed systems to hire and lead a team of 25-30 engineers. The ideal candidate will have a track record of building teams and products from scratch, defining and influencing vision, product and execution strategy, nurturing and growing engineering talent.
This role will seed the expansion of a perdominantly US-based organization into India. The Senior Director will have a dedicated charter and will execute independently from the US teams. As such, an individual in the role will need to provide technical guidance to the team, additionally to people manager responsibilities.
- Hire and grow a strong engineering team.
- Lead the engineering team in lock-step with Salesforce policies, processes and guidelines.
- Provide critical thinking and define a cohesive product, architecture, services and components.
- Collaborate and converge across disciplines and with partners in different business units.
- Establish and implement engineering practices around design, code, development process, etc.
- Release and operate the services with the highest standard of excellence with relentless focus on customer success
- BS or MS in computer science or related degree
- 18+ years of industry experience designing, building and operating services
- 5+ years of management experience of teams 5 - 15 engineers
- 5+ years of experience leading similar size and complexity projects to completion
- Exceptional design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for engineering excellence at scale
- Substantial development and debugging experience in C++, C#/.NET, Golang, Java or Python and corresponding runtime libraries
- 2+ years of experience with AWS or Azure cloud technologies (IaaS and PaaS)
- Understanding of network technologies and zero-trust architecture.
- Experience with process automation and orchestration software
- Understanding of ML/AI and experience with data science tools and methods
- Experience managing a team of managers
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.