Software Engineering M/SMTS (INFRA DEV)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Today Salesforce's development teams need to work smarter, faster, and standards compliant. The Workspace Engineering team provides secure, reliable, easy to use, and intelligent engineering tooling and services that are the foundation for all developers at Salesforce to create their product innovations with high quality.
We leverage best-in-industry offerings to offer exceptional tools and services. We go above and beyond to delight our customers. We balance well across Trust and Run the Business, incremental and disruptive innovations in our tooling and services to power the Salesforce’s High Performance Culture.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Software Engineer to join our dynamic and innovative development team. As a Software Engineer, you will play a key role in designing, coding, testing, and maintaining software systems that power our cutting-edge products and services. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software solutions and contribute to the continuous improvement of our software development processes. In addition to your core responsibilities, you will also be responsible for on-call support to ensure the availability and reliability of our software.
Due to the depth and breadth of the role, it calls for a strong, motivated Software Engineer capable of driving the team's vision forward. Engineers who thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, collaborative environment, and love working with an agile, customer driven, technology team should apply.
This role has visibility to leadership, often delivering on top priorities each year around internal engineering productivity, and working on initiatives that cross the entire organization. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, engaging engineer who embodies a mix of drive, humility, bias toward execution, pragmatism, strong user empathy and teamwork.
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications, features, and components using modern programming languages and technologies.
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code that adheres to software development best practices.
- Ability to test the implementation with proper end-to-end testing to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyze user requirements and technical specifications to develop innovative software solutions.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues, identify root causes, and implement effective solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time and within scope.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends to make recommendations for technology adoption and process improvement.
- Actively participate in Agile methodologies.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including software architecture diagrams, API documentation, and customer facing documents.
Security and Compliance:
- Implement security best practices to protect software systems and user data.
- Ensure security compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations
- Identify opportunities for performance optimisation and implement improvements to enhance service efficiency.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide support for our service.
- Respond to and resolve incidents and outages in a timely and effective manner to minimize downtime and user impact.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS ) and IaC tools like Terraform / CloudFormation
- Strong knowledge of containers and container orchestration platforms (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- 5+ years experience in Linux and Networking
- 5+ years experience in a high-level Object-Oriented programming languages like Java, Python, Golang
- Proficiency in designing and building RESTful APIs, along with using web frameworks and libraries (e.g., Spring Boot, Django)
- Good knowledge of database systems (SQL and NoSQL) and data modeling
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Continuous learning mindset to keep up with industry trends and technologies
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Machine Learning experience is a nice-to-have
- Good Knowledge of CI / CD knowledge (Jenkins / Github Actions / TravisCI / CircleCI)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.