Software Engineering LMTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Software Engg - SMTS/LMTS, Salesforce Database Archival team
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
About the Position:
The Database engineering team is based in the Bay Area, Toronto and India. The team has the DNA of building highly scalable, mission critical enterprise products. As part of building our team in India, we are looking for engineers and leaders who are passionate about working on the RDBMS technology of massive scale and one that thrives with continuous innovation.
We are looking for a Senior Database Archival Service Development Engineer to deliver features in the database archival technology. Candidate must have strong backup/restore internals background to work with a team that is responsible for architecting, developing and testing of the service. In this role, you will work in a scrum team responsible on all aspects of Agile processes and work closely with team of top talent and highly motivated software engineers with varying levels of expertise in relational database development. You will need to deliver highly complex features with the scalability and performance needed to match the staggering growth of our service.
You will need familiarity with archival internals, distributed systems or networking, interest in system programming, exceptional software engineering skills, and relish the opportunity to work on very complex, highly concurrent, highly scalable and resilient systems. You must have a proven track record of success where you demonstrated end to end ownership of architecture, design, implementation, monitoring, testing, and product support on large mission critical systems at petabyte scale.
As a senior/lead software engineer of the database archival team, you will be responsible for:
- Own design and development to deliver technical outcomes on all project related issues
- Help with backlog planning, cross-team dependency planning and drive the team to execute on the plan.
- The team will be responsible to meet all Performance, Availability, Quality and Security standards.
- Interacting with broader archival team to help integrate the projects/features and collaborate tightly on code, design and test strategy reviews
- Demonstrate engineering expertise by working closely with architects, and engineering managers to execute on the strategy for your feature areas, help plan the backlogs, and enable your Scrum team to execute that roadmap flawlessly
- Collaborate with architect and product owner to own and drive the design and development of the features for high quality
- Owning and resolving Customer issues with utmost urgency and adhering to customer trust
- Drive cross team collaborative work environment with other Scrum teams and
engineering managers that fosters autonomy, innovation, learning, respect and
transparency while holding a high bar for delivery
- BE/BTech/MTech in computer science, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Experience with highly-scalable and highly-available distributed systems.
- Experienced with developing backup/restore features for cloud database
- Experience working with a group of developers in a high-pace high-demand environment
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience in SaaS development environment, cloud and data protection technologies.
- Experience in C or C++ or Java development.
- Experience with backup and restore product development, demonstrated by working on critical areas of a successful commercial archival solutions
- Prior experience with using Kubernetes to build and operate clusters is a plus
- 12+ years in software development which includes experience in varying aspects of development cycle, including design, coding, testing and performance characterisation, and possessing 3+ years of direct archival development experience
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.