Software Engineering LMTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Software Engg - SMTS/LMTS, Salesforce Database team
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
About the Position:
The Database engineering team is based in the Bay Area, Toronto and India. The team has the DNA of building highly scalable, distributed and mission critical enterprise products. As part of building our team in India, we are looking for engineers and leaders who are passionate about working on the RDBMS technology of massive scale and one that thrives with continuous innovation.
We are looking for experienced Core Database Internal Engineers with a strong database internals and distributed systems background to work in a team responsible for architecting, developing and testing the next generation of cloud native database. You will join a team of world class, highly motivated software engineers and database experts. You will design and develop robust and highly scalable software products to support the staggering growth of Salesforce.
You will need familiarity with database internals, distributed systems or networking, interest in system programming, exceptional software engineering skills, and relish the opportunity to work on very complex, highly concurrent, highly scalable and resilient systems. You must have a proven track record of success where you demonstrated end to end ownership of architecture, design, implementation, monitoring, testing, and product support on large mission critical systems at petabyte scale.
As a senior/lead software engineer of the database development team, you will be responsible to:
- Design and develop core distributed database system functionalities.
- Come up with new architecture and design to solve complex scalability problems.
- Implement comprehensive functional and system-test for your area of responsibility and for overall database quality.
- Interact with broader database team to help integrate the projects/features and collaborate tightly on code, design and test strategy reviews
- Architecting, designing and coding the features for high quality
- Owning, debugging and resolving Customer issues with utmost urgency and adhering to customer trust
- Drive cross team collaborative work environment with other Scrum teams and
engineering managers that fosters autonomy, innovation, learning, respect and
transparency while holding a high bar for delivery
- BE/BTech/MTech in computer science, or a related field with strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Experience with highly-scalable and highly-available distributed systems.
- Experienced senior developer responsible to build complex and high performance cloud native features
- Experience working with a group of developers in a high-pace high-demand environment
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience in C or C++ server development. Working exposure in Java is preferred.
- Experience with relational database kernel development, demonstrated by working on critical areas of a successful commercial or an open source RDBMS
- Track record of delivering innovative and Release-defining features for a major software system
- 8+ years in software development which includes experience in varying aspects of development cycle, including design, coding, testing and performance characterisation, and possessing 4+ years of direct database kernel development experience
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.