Sr. Director Software Engineering (Data Pipelines)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce AI Research seeks a top-tier professional to serve as the Sr. Director of Data Pipeline. We are at the forefront of Enterprise AI, demonstrating the power of large foundation models to redefine the business. Join us in paving the path to a more connected, committed, and data-driven world.
The Director of Data Pipeline will orchestrate developing and optimizing our data pipeline architecture. This individual will lead a dedicated team responsible for collecting, crawling, cleaning, filtering, and annotating diverse datasets that fuel the training and fine-tuning of large-scale foundation models.
- Develop and maintain a strategic vision for the data team, aligning with organizational goals and industry standard processes.
- Own the creation and continuous improvement of data pipelines for efficient and reliable data acquisition, processing, and distribution.
- Develop teamworks with multi-functional teams to ensure a cohesive approach to data pipeline development and utilization.
- Ensure the highest data quality and integrity standards through thorough data cleaning and filtering processes.
- Supervise the development of annotation strategies, demonstrating both automated and human-assisted techniques to enrich datasets.
- Advocate for and implement robust data governance policies, including ensuring compliance with legal and ethical considerations surrounding data use.
- Mentor and develop team members, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous learning.
- Liaise with team members and partners to see opportunities for data-driven initiatives and collaborations.
- Supervise the latest developments in machine learning, actively promoting the integration of innovative approaches into our data pipeline processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, or related field; Master’s or PhD preferred.
- 10 plus years of proven track record in data engineering, data science, or related roles with at least five years in a leadership capacity.
- Tried expertise in building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, SQL, and Java.
- Hands-on experience with big data tools and platforms like Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka.
- Experience with machine learning techniques and large foundation models, including understanding of text and image data processing.
- You have proven the ability to lead and deliver large-scale projects on time and within budget.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a track record of developing high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $233,300 to $355,900.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.