Product Manager Director, Salesforce Internal Developer Experience
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Your competence at articulating ideas means you can converse with executives just as fluently as you can with peers. As a hands-on product leader, your communication skills are matched only by your passion for innovation. Your highly developed drive pushes you to chart a path even when faced with uncertainty. If you thrive in environments where innovation meets execution and relish in the challenge of ambiguity, then you're the kind of individual we're looking for.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Voice of the Developer: Engage proactively with users, absorbing feedback and ensuring that product plans align with the overarching vision and goals.
- Metrics and KPIs: Establish and track key performance indicators, using them as a compass to gauge product success and areas for improvement.
- Feature Prioritization: Decide which features to build next based on a combination of user needs, business goals, and technical constraints and drives the right goals
- Product Launch: Craft and implement a comprehensive go-to-market strategy, ensuring robust product adoption across the organization.
- Gap Identification: Pinpoint and analyze product gaps, while strategizing potential solutions and improvements.
- Partner Collaboration: Engage regularly with cross-functional teams, including engineering, security, acquisitions, and other business units, to ensure product success.
- Championing the Product: Serve as an advocate for your product, cultivating relationships with pivotal users and collaborators through advisory board sessions and various engagement avenues.
- User Enablement: Ensure adequate training materials and documentation are available for new and existing users focusing on the paved path.
- Minimum of 5 years in Technical Product Management or equivalent experience, with a preference for roles focused on cloud/platform development tools.
- At least two years of experience working with public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP) and familiarity with cloud-based application architectures.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working on enterprise software, including understanding the non-functional requirements necessary to drive strategic and high-scale solution delivery and adoption.
- A solid grasp of software development processes, tools, and standard methodologies, emphasizing those that enhance developer productivity and satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to advocate for developers' needs and preferences, ensuring the creation of tools, platforms, and processes that developers love.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with an ability to distill and convey complex technical details to diverse audiences.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, combined with the flexibility to adapt to changing organizational needs and landscapes.
- Proficiency in maximising data analytics tools to extract insights and guide product choices.
- BS or MS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields.
- Past experience in a developer role is a plus.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $172,500 to $326,300.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,200 to $355,900.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.