Director, Product Management - Security Services
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
*** This is an office-flexible role for San Francisco, Bellevue, or Atlanta only. In office expectations are 1 day a week to support customers and/or collaborate with your team. This is not a remote opportunity.
MuleSoft, a Salesforce company, is enabling agility, reuse, and composability on a global scale through API-led connectivity, both on-premises and in the cloud. Our platform is used by organizations in over 60 countries, from emerging companies to Global 500 enterprises and our growth continues to accelerate.
We’re looking for the best-of-the-best product leaders with a passion for driving new products and product capabilities from initial concept to successful delivery and market adoption. As a senior leader in the Integration & Automation organization, you will drive major strategic initiatives in the Identity and Access Management and Security space, from beginning to end, as well as identify and drive opportunities for collaboration and integration across the Salesforce ecosystem. We are looking for a product manager with deep individual-contributor track record.
The ideal candidate will be able to ramp up quickly and become familiar with every aspect of the MuleSoft security core services, including identity and access management, audit logging, and more. You will identify opportunities to take those areas to the next level and drive a product strategy to match. You will function as a primary subject matter expert on all MuleSoft core security services. You will have a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, cloud platforms, from strategy to functional capabilities and represent MuleSoft as a domain and product expert in executive councils, strategic customer meetings and major events.
- Understand our business and the problems we are trying to solve, deeply, when it comes to our core security services.
- Be a deep expert in your product area and target market, understanding and communicating the competitive landscape and the problems experienced by the target personas.
- Build and own the vision, strategy, roadmap, and outcomes for MuleSoft Security Core Services, then use your extensive influencing and communication skills to share and align your strategy across the greater PM team and overall product strategy.
- Present your product strategy to executive leadership, influencing the future of our products.
- Engage with relevant teams across the Salesforce Platform to find opportunities for synergies and efficiencies and drive the vision and roadmap for a unified experience.
- Maximize our market impact by delivering great solutions with clear positioning and enablement material for our field organizations in collaboration with our GTM teams.
- Work with your peer engineering leaders to achieve high performance teams that balance innovation, performance, and reliability.
- Establish relationships with account teams and customers, including customer leadership, to understand customer needs, promote the product, and drive adoption, participating in sales cycles, if needed, and handling sensitive customer issues as they arise.
- 7+ years related product management experience in a technology company or comparable experience, ideally in the enterprise security space.
- Cloud Platforms. Working experience and deep knowledge of the top cloud platforms, such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure, understanding what they provide and their ecosystem strategies.
- Fast learner that can quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options into a strategy, plan, or response and effectively communicate it.
- Comfortable in highly technical environments. You love discussing various technical solutions and architectures with your Eng counterparts and you hold your own when discussing trade-offs.
- You always keep the customer top of mind. A good user experience is always a priority - you get excited by the prospect of getting into a room with UX and brainstorming new products and experiences.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills across Engineering, UX, Marketing, Field Sales, and more.
- Proven executive level engagement. You’re comfortable engaging with c-level and executive leadership, both internal and customer facing, including the largest accounts, and can handle sensitive customer issues driving towards a positive outcome.
- Comfortable in complex, dynamic and ever-changing organizational environments. You can take ambiguous and high-level guidance and run with it.
- A related technical degree required.
- MBA Highly Desired
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Identity and Access Management, audit logging, licensing, and provisioning, key management, and other core security concepts.
- Experience working in and delivering products or services in an agile/lean environment.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $193,200 to $280,200.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $210,800 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.