Senior Manager, Software Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
- Build and ship innovative end-to-end AI applications
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineer
- Partner with Product Management, TPM, and other engineering teams to deliver and maintain high-quality and highly available software services
- Participate in cross-functional planning and coordination
- Be a multiplier and have a passion for team and team members’ success
- Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolve it before it happens
- Daily management of standups as the ScrumMaster for engineering teams
- Retain and hire top talent; invest in continuous employee development of high-performing teams of engineers
- Closely track progress across multiple workstreams and delivering goals for varying stakeholders
- Effectively communicate and foster collaboration in the team
- Identify opportunities and improvements in the processes and culture of the teams and the larger engineering organization
- Minimum 2 years experience as Engineering Manager
- 4+ years experience leading software engineering teams with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- Experience delivering AI / Machine Learning applications
- Proven track record of delivering projects, managing timelines and team development
- History of championing Salesforce values
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Experience in hiring, mentoring and managing high performing engineers
- Experience with Agile development methodologies. Scrum leader experience required
- Experience owning highly available services and putting processes in place to maintain uptime
- Knowledge of Falcon, FEDX, AI/ML platforms, Data cloud, distributed systems is a plus
- Experience building high scale, highly performant services
- Ability to understand, communicate, provide feedback on, and drive complex technical decisions
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,200 to $258,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.