Software Engineering SMTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Role: SMTS, Software Engineering
Products and Technology
We are building out our Infrastructure Scale Engineering team to design and develop the next generation of large-scale distributed data platforms at Salesforce. Do the points below get you excited about the role? Come and join us at Salesforce! Eat, sleep, and breathe large-scale distributed systems and data platforms Working with HBase, Phoenix, HDFS, Yarn, Kafka, Spark, Blob storage, or equivalent large-scale distributed systems technologies. Building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware. Designing, developing, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in data centers around the globe. Strong, heartfelt opinions on the CAP theorem, sketching out different consistency models on a single napkin and defending each of them. You don’t just use open-source projects but are motivated to contribute to them. Responsibilities: Develop high-quality, production-ready code that can be used by millions of users of our cloud platform. Make design decisions on the basis of performance, scalability, and future expansion. Take responsibility for your code and features right from working with product management all the way through to deployment and thereafter.
- 4-8 years of extensive programming experience in Java and/or C++ / C# in a Linux/UNIX data center environment
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, and coding.
- Strong large-scale multi-threaded application, socket programming, designing and building infrastructure or services at a large scale. Commitment to proper software engineering — testing, documentation, and code reviews.
- Ability to take a problem, analyze, design, educate team members on it, and work with them to solve the problem with high quality and on time. Experience with large systems software design and development, with extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across geographies.
- B.S./BE/Btech or MS/Mtech in Computer Science or a related discipline is required.
- Experience in open-source technologies like Phoenix, HBase, Hadoop, DynamoDB, Kafka, MongoDB, Spark, Presto, Hive, Airflow.
- Experience in Distributed Systems, NoSQL datastores and/or data processing techniques in big data.
- Experience in building data pipelines and big data compute services.
- Experience building services on public cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, Azure
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.