SMTS- DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Job Description - COpTER Enablement
- Customer Success. We understand and empathize with our customers to make sure they are successful.
- Trust. We build, provision, and operate at the highest level of security and privacy by default. We maintain existing compliance and focus on expanding our compliance posture across products with careful planning and excellent execution.
- Leading with Transparency. Leading with transparency means being open and honest with your team, stakeholders, and customers. It involves sharing information, both good and bad, in a clear and timely manner. As leaders, we want to foster trust and respect by admitting mistakes, seeking feedback, and involving others in decision-making. In addition, we want to promote a culture of accountability, where everyone takes responsibility for their actions and the team's success.
- Equity and Wellbeing. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and psychological safety in our daily work to make our teams, workplace, and communities more participatory and just. We treat each other with kindness, humility, and care for each other and ourselves.
- Courage to Change & Innovate. We are not afraid to tackle challenging problems to create new capabilities, improve our operations, and reduce costs, and we recognize that psychological safety is an essential element of transformation. Whether we make small, thoughtful changes or bold/big innovations, our focus is on solving real problems and making everything better every day - embracing change. Everyone is empowered and encouraged to think about new and better ways to do anything and everything, reinforcing with each other the "test and learn" mentality.
- Learning & Development. We believe that learning and development are critical for the growth and success of both the employees and the company. Because of this belief, we want to promote: opportunities for training and development, encourage self-directed learning and would like to provide mentoring and coaching for those who seek it.
- High-Performing Team: We work as one global team to remove redundant work and nurture a culture of performance, and we invest in systems, tools, and processes that allow individuals and teams to do their best work.
You'll be a part of the Operations team that is working on unifying the way CRM360 (SalesCloud, ServiceCloud, Easy) operates at large scale covering all aspects of security, compliance (including privacy and ISO/SOC2 certifications), engineering enablement programs, TechOps, service availability, operation excellence, customer success, cost, and margins. This work is critical to ensure Salesforce can sustain the tremendous growth we will see in our transaction and data volumes. The team covers different geographical areas (US and EMEA) and is looking to expand its presence in India.
The ideal candidate for this role is a deep listener, who can absorb problem statements and evaluate existing circumstances and come up with creative solutions to resolve issues.
The candidate will be part of a small but highly experienced team, composed by several software engineering architects and leaders and will be required to collaborate and influence many engineering teams across the organization
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ year of Software Engineering, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering experience.
- Experience with public cloud technologies: AWS, GCP.
- Must be able to see the big picture, understand project objectives and be able to apply their understanding of how processes should work to operational improvement initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work quickly and efficiently, prioritizing a varied workload with multiple stakeholders and shifting demands.
- Ability to drive cross-cloud/cross-program/cross-product teams on large complex projects.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills, process-driven mindset, resourcefulness and ability to meet responsibilities with minimal direct supervision.
- Experience leading and driving production escalations: monitoring, remediation, patch delivery, root-cause-analysis and ability to engage customers directly and heavily customer focused.
- Clear understanding of software engineering concepts, methodologies, tools, performance & capacity indicators, metrics and analysis.
- Comfortable writing and reviewing documentation (in English).
- Ability to set standards and best practices giving direction to the team and also influence externally.
- Experience with agile and test-driven-development techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operating systems, especially process and system monitoring capabilities.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Strong equality values are a must, https://www.salesforce.com/company/equality/.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Tableau, Quip, Confluence or willingness to learn the technologies.
- Experience with Alibaba/Azure.
- Experience with distributed systems concepts such as scalability, fault tolerance, and load balancing.
- Salesforce knowledge or ranger status in salesforce trailhead a plus.
- Knowledge of the telecommunication industry (Messaging, WhatApp, etc.).
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.