Lead/Principal Ethical AI Tooling UX Engineer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryUser Experience
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Join Salesforce as a Lead/Principal UX Engineer and play a key role on the UX Foundations team innovating within the Generative AI space. In this versatile role, you’ll work on Salesforce's Enterprise and Consumer offerings, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to bring Salesforce's Trust Layer to life.
This role is an opportunity to merge your passion for design systems with your engineering skills and a keen understanding of Gen-Ai and UX. You will be responsible for developing user-focused designs and prototypes while collaborating closely with engineers and designers. Your involvement will span the entire design process, from ideation and low-fidelity prototypes to finalized, interactive, high-fidelity designs.
At Salesforce, we aspire to create products people love. You’ll join a talented group committed to ethical design practices, scaling design systems, and building lasting relationships between our users and their customers. Bring your skills, inspire your team, and create amazing experiences as you help us transform the way business gets done.
- Will work with the Office of Ethical and Humane Use, Ai-Cloud Product team, and UX Foundations.
- Focused on bringing the Salesforce Trust Layer to life for Admins by designing and developing prototypes & digital experiences.
- Design and develop customer solutions to surface toxicity data, guidance, and methodologies for how end users can address them in the context of Lightning.
- Surface actionable data informed by rubrics, limits, nudges, etc... defined by Ethical AI business partners.
- Partner with Ai Design System’s human AI patterns team and look for ways to establish x-cloud engineering solutions to ensure consistency, ease of adoption, and trust.
- Partner with visual designers and engineers to establish new UX and ViSD patterns that will represent new features and surfaces for visualizing toxicity and trust data.
- Partner with research, engineering and design teams to define product vision and implement user-focused designs
- Serve as the liaison among design, product, and tech teams
- Develop prototypes with an eye for UX to demystify complex problems
- Leverage knowledge of ML/AI to develop creative and unique UI and UX solutions
- Visualize ideas, inspire team, and facilitate discussions
- Hands-on approach in shipping design and code
- Define and articulate a product's creative vision, and guide the team through its implementation
- Advocate for ethical & humane use of AI technologies and create inclusive designs for all users
- 5+ years in comprehensive product development within cross-functional teams
- This person should be motivated by building phenomenal product experiences and technically strong engineering leader and individual contributor who can initially help design, architect, and code
- Multi-functional collaboration with Product Managers and Designers will be essential to the success of this role.
- Strong understand of Gen-Ai and LLM space, with technical aptitude
- Proficient in applying ML/AI knowledge for creative, unconventional solutions
- Strong ethical principles, especially in AI and equality.
- Experience contributing and leading the delivery of impactful product features across all stages of development, from initial research, to UX design and prototyping, to testing and development
- Experience owning technical architecture discussions and leading technical decisions for an engineering organization
- Ability to write understandable, testable code with an eye toward maintainability
- Experience in platform-centric design, beyond single-purpose apps
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, capable of independent and collaborative work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Proficient in current development tools, along with an ability to quickly learn new tools as they emerge
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $168,300 to $231,500.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.