Software Engineer, Identity
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Identity org at Salesforce is building the next generation of Identity and Authentication services with the goal of tightly integrating all Salesforce products. We run highly available, tier zero, global services that process billions of requests per month for hundreds of millions of users. We’re a high impact and high visibility team. Every user of every Salesforce product uses our services.
The Identity org is growing our Customer Aware Security Context (CASC) team to support our tremendous growth. You’ll collaborate with over a dozen teams to tackle hard engineering problems around security, availability, scalability, replication, and user experience. You’ll work on new and existing protocols that we’ve pioneered and embraced in partnership with other industry leaders. You’ll nurture our mission to consolidate and standardize our infrastructure to improve efficiency. You’ll contribute to our on call rotation by responding to and resolving incidents for our customers. You’ll advance our tradition of operational excellence by developing robust automation, monitoring, alerting, and remediation solutions. You’ll help us write our next chapter of both B2B and B2C growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Effective collaboration with multiple teams across time zones
- Championing a culture and work environment that promote diversity and inclusion
- Clear, concise technical communication particularly about problems and incidents
- Outstanding organization and time management skills
- Quickly synthesizing information from disparate sources of knowledge
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Distributed systems, microservice, and systems integration experience
- Applying proven engineering principles
- Building microservices and N-tier web applications that not only scale but are also fault tolerant
- Proficiency in Java, with strong object oriented programming skills, and one scripting language
- Test Driven Development advocate with functional and performance testing experience
- Proven history of service ownership, operational excellence, and successful incident response and remediation
- Experience monitoring services including telemetry, logging, metrics, aggregation systems and dashboards, and SLOs/SLAs and related statistical functions
- Understanding fundamental mesh and network technologies, e.g., Istio, DNS, Load Balancing, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, curl, OpenSSL
- Expertise in configuring, deploying, securing, managing, and maintaining large, fault tolerant, cloud-hosted systems including auto scaling, automatic failover and recovery, monitoring, security, performance tuning, solving, and disaster recovery
- Experience with configuration management technologies, e.g., Vault, Puppet, and Terraform
- Proficiency with distributed version control and CI/CD pipelines, e.g., Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Experience with container and orchestration services, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Familiarity with cloud security standard processes including policy, audit, encryption, identity, and secret management, e.g., TLS and PKI systems and x509 certificate management
- A related technical degree.
- Success working in regulated environments, e.g., government, health care, finance
- AWS expertise, e.g., EC2, EKS, S3, DynamoDB, etc.
- Authentication or Application Security related experience
- SAML, OAuth, OIDC, LDAP
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $122,600 to $168,700.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,800 to $183,900.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.