Principal Engineer - Data & AI
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is seeking a highly qualified Principal Engineer to join our team and support our Professional Services organization! As a Principal Engineer, you will play a crucial role in driving the transformation of our Services Organization by replacing it with a new org and migrating data and applications. You will also be responsible for establishing a central place to store and access data, enabling flawless connectivity to the Data Cloud. Furthermore, you will be involved in implementing an ML solution to train data before it goes into the Data Cloud, ensuring optimal performance and accuracy!
- Lead technical prototyping of new AI/ML capabilities - analyze and present the benefits and downsides of different approaches, influencing decision-makers towards desired and recommended solutions.
- Understand the current state and future state capabilities and needs of the organization. Recommend scalable, re-usable, long-term solutions aligned with BT architecture, development, security, and compliance standards.
- Conduct research, solution design, system integration, and performance optimization to ensure the successful implementation of Data and AI projects.
- Utilize your expertise in data analytics, AI, and ML to develop data warehousing solutions, implement data lakes, integrate data from various sources, and optimize data normalization processes.
- Drive the adoption and implementation of Data Cloud at an enterprise level, leveraging your direct experience with this product.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, scrum teams, and product teams globally distributed across AMER, EMEA, and APAC time zones.
- Technical experience in data analytics, AI, and ML, including: data warehousing, alerting and monitoring, hosting for models, data integrations, and converting unstructured data
- Strong architecture approach and ability to recommend scalable and long-term solutions
- Previous experience supporting Customer Success (CS) teams
- Proficiency in Python, Shell scripting, and ETL tools such as Informatica
- Expertise in implementing Salesforce products, including Data Cloud and Einstein Prediction Builder
- Familiarity with enterprise data warehousing and reporting tools like Tableau
- Collaborative mindset, actively engaging with architects and AI Councils to stay informed about ongoing initiatives and prevent redundancy of work
- Experience with Salesforce Apex and SQL
- Familiarity with SageMaker and Dataiku
- Knowledge of automation frameworks and tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.