Lead Software Engineer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Note: By applying to the Software Engineer - Security posting, recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring Software Engineer will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
Our Security Software Engineering team builds and operates highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems to deliver cloud-scale security software services. We provide the fundamental building blocks to improve and preserve customer trust in Salesforce's products across multiple public cloud substrates and our own network infrastructure. We architect and implement our services, to protect Salesforce products/infrastructure and defend against malicious attacks. . You will have the unique opportunity to learn from the best industry security experts and integrate that into your software and service engineering. Candidates must have a willingness to support US hours from time to time.
Built-in trust, Hyperforce’s security architecture continuously verifies and limits users to appropriate levels of access to customer data (*this is what our IAM team does*), protecting exposure of sensitive information due to human error or misconfiguration (*this is Data Protection, i.e. PKI, Secrets management, etc.*). Encryption, at rest and in transit, comes standard, ensuring the privacy and the security of data from Salesforce and public cloud providers (*SDS creates these capabilities in a PaaS model, so other Salesforce teams can call these services and make sure their environments adhere to these security requirements*).
- Experience building large scale distributed systems, especially in cloud environments
- 4+ years of deep understanding of object oriented programming and experience with at least one object oriented programming language (Java, Go, Python C++, C#)
- Experience with public cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure)
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development methodologies, with attention to code quality, delivering secure code
- Experience working in a complex team environment. Able to deliver under pressure
- Good knowledge with operating systems (Linux, Mac and Windows)
- A related technical degree required
- Prior security knowledge is not required
- Knowledge working with relational database MySQL, Postgres
- Familiar with open source technologies, such as ZooKeeper, MongoDB
- Experience with big data and pipeline technologies, such as Hadoop, Kafka
- Knowledge or experience with machine learning
- Knowledge of Apex and Salesforce Lightning
- Experience building services with Docker and Kubernetes
- Good knowledge with network technologies, such as TCP/IP, DNS or load balancers
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.