Principal Software Engineer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
In Salesforce Trusted Services, nothing is more important to our continued success than the security and privacy of our customer’s data. We are an integral part of the Salesforce Customer 360 vision, and our focus and passion is building the next-generation of Salesforce Privacy and Security products.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Data Mask engineering team. In this role, you will play a crucial part in developing a cutting-edge product that is designed to safeguard sensitive data and enhance data privacy, providing robust protection against unauthorized access, and maintaining the integrity of confidential information.
You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle – from design, development, testing, deployment, through to the operational aspects of the product. And with customer trust as our #1 value, you will ensure that quality, performance, security, and observability are inherent attributes of the product. If you are passionate about developing solutions that protect sensitive information and thrive in a collaborative environment, we invite you to join our team and contribute to the evolution of secure data masking technologies.
What you’ll do
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement secure data masking solutions.
* Implement masking algorithms to ensure the irreversibility of data masking while preserving the usability of the masked information.
* Ensure the accuracy and consistency of masked data, considering different data types and formats, to prevent unintended disclosure or compromise.
* Optimize performance to minimize latency and resource utilization.
* Collaborate with UX designers to implement user interface components.
* Make sound design decisions based on business requirements, impact, performance, scalability, and future expansion.
* Write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests for your code to maintain code coverage and ensure high quality.
* Implement real-time monitoring, reporting, alerting, and dashboards.
* Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, including design specifications, code documentation, and user guides.
* Be part of on-call production support rotations, and help troubleshoot issues.
* Lead by example by contributing high-quality, production-ready code.
* Advise other team members on complex and ambiguous problems, sort through complexity and dependencies, articulate the problem, and devise elegant solutions.
* Provide input into priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
* Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies to continuously enhance the capabilities of the Data Mask product.
* Experience building highly scalable, highly performant microservices and REST APIs.
* Experience with database systems and data storage technologies.
* Knowledge of Git and Maven.
* Familiarity with asynchronous programming, multi-threading, and caching.
* Experience with unit testing, integration testing, and continuous integration frameworks.
* Comfortable with bash, shell scripting, *nix command line, and basic systems administration.
* Comfortable with log search tools, such as Splunk.
* Commitment to common software development best practices - detailed documentation, code reviews, test-driven development, etc.
* Knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc.).
* Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
* Familiarity with the Apex programming language, Lightning Web Components (LWC), SFDX, and Salesforce APIs.
* Strong understanding of encryption techniques, hashing, and data obfuscation methods.
* Experience with high-volume data processing pipelines via streaming/batching.
* Understanding of web security (SSL, TLS) and Networking.
* Familiarity with observability tools, such as Grafana, time-series databases, and statistics-based alerting.
* Knowledge of test automation frameworks, such as Selenium.
* Familiarity with CI/CD frameworks, such as Jenkins.
* Familiarity with relevant data security, privacy, and compliance regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA).
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $176,800 to $296,400.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $192,900 to $323,400.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.