Solution Engineer, Data Cloud
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Delivering customer success with Data + AI + CRM + Trust is the unique value proposition for Salesforce and the Customer 360 Platform. The Data Cloud Solution Engineer a best-in-class technical trusted advisor with deep subject matter expertise in Data Cloud, the flagship innovation and hyperscale data platform built natively into Salesforce.
The SE’s abilities will be a unique combination of executive-level presence combined with full-stack technical skills that ensure Data Cloud delivers value to customers integrated with sophisticated customer data architectures. This technical talent with a rare combination of skills will drive execution excellence in support of sellers and leadership across the territory. In-depth knowledge of modern cloud data platforms like Snowflake, GBQ, and Databricks, as well as data analytics tools like Tableau, will be instrumental in crafting solutions that integrate elegantly to drive customer success.
- Arrange and conduct in-person & web-based meetings to drive the entire opportunity lifecycle from technical discovery to technical close.
- Co-create technical close strategy with Account Executives that aligns to customer objectives.
- Collaborate strategically with the Sales Team across the customer base and the sales organization to prioritize and develop Industry-specific use cases grounded in consistent architectures that have proven repeatability with customers.
- Implement programs to efficiently scale technical evaluation of Salesforce Data Cloud across the Industry/Territory.
- Leverage profound understanding of modern cloud data platforms and data analytics tools to drive Data Cloud ACV.
- Collaborate with Salesforce product teams to deeply understand Salesforce solutions and roadmap, and advocate for key features needed for success across the Industry/Territory via Voice of the Customer feedback.
- Develop scalable, deployable, reusable, and relevant field enablement technical assets that drive differentiated business outcomes in order to accelerate adoption across customers, partners, and sales teams.
- Partner with Product Marketing to advise on messaging and sales plays across all of Salesforce.
- Deliver the overall Salesforce point-of-view for data strategy aligned to industry-specific use cases.
- Gifted storyteller able to engage diverse audiences from C-level executives to data architects.
- Delight customers at Salesforce events including Dreamforce, Tableau Conference, and Salesforce World Tours.
- Have a passion for operational excellence that drives scalable ACV growth and customer success.
You have demonstrated consistently increasing levels of responsibility and spheres of influence that include:
- Experience in customer-facing solutioning for Data, Analytics, AI and CRM.
- Full-stack technical qualifications (CRM, Data Architecture, AI/ML) combined with experience owning technical relationships with C-Level executives.
- Experience integrating complex data architectures to drive business value for customers.
- Hands-on expertise in modern cloud data platforms (Snowflake, Databricks, Big Query, RedShift), data analytics tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI), data programming models (DataFrames, pandas), and AI (Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks).
- Deep technical knowledge of the Salesforce platform (Salesforce Admin and Advanced Admin level).
- Skilled at guiding impactful discovery conversations to unveil nuanced client needs and objectives.
- Experience driving customer success in large, complex selling organizations.
- Consistent recognition/awards for sales and customer success.
- Knowledge of industry-specific use cases, data architectures, and integration patterns.
- Persuasive verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills that inspire change in large organizations.
As a deep domain expert, you will have a rare set of technical proficiencies, including:
- Data Architecture & Tools: modern cloud data platforms (Snowflake, Databricks, Big Query, RedShift), data analytics tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI), data programming models (DataFrames, pandas), data modeling
- AI: Python/R, data wrangling, machine learning
- Salesforce Admin-level certification(s), hands-on experience with Salesforce Cloud(s)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.